01-22-2016, 08:30 AM
User Info
As I'm waiting for my WolfMen, I bought the Ikon B1 Slant head and an Ikon OSS handle (also own two Ikon Bulldog handles) and the black Ikon stand.

Can anyone tell me if I made a good purchase ?

I'm also about to buy the entire ATT collection in Stainless. This is close to being ordered.

I mainly use my DE's for 2.nd and 3.rd pass. Fusion for 1.st pass.

The Ikon DLS Black coating got some complaints for flaking.
What about this new black coating ?

24 5,840
 01-22-2016, 11:56 AM
User Info
I have about 6 shaves on my B1 Slant and it is growing on me. Initial impression was that it is quite mild, but my shaves have been improving. Getting about 3 shaves with a Voskhod blade, and will be trying a Personna red next. No issues with flaking, it seems quite well made.

38 1,159
 01-22-2016, 12:06 PM
User Info
It's a nice slant and the OSS is one of my favorite handles. Nice weight, knurling, length, and just overall comfortable to use. I'm not a big slant guy but did own the B1 for a little bit. Very Smooth and efficient. With my mustache and goatee though, I needed something that was easier to detail with.

147 3,460
 01-22-2016, 12:12 PM
User Info
The only problem with mine was I had to load it upside-down and use a Q-tip to set the blade correctly. Once I did and clamped her down she performed like a champ with short strokes..I was in love for a while...then I was able to get a Wolfman and now I feel like my Ex-girlfriend lives with my wife and I....but I still want to keep the B-1...until she pisses me off

24 470
 01-22-2016, 04:09 PM
User Info
Once I did and clamped her down she performed like a champ with short strokes..I was in love for a while...then I feel like my Ex-girlfriend lives with my wife and I....but I still want to keep...until she pisses me off

Biggrin Biggrin gotta love taking things out of context!

0 127
 01-23-2016, 08:32 AM
User Info
Spend your money for ATT,of course YMMV. Only H1/H2 is close to my Wolfman's 0.74 in comfort/closeness!

0 3
 01-23-2016, 08:51 AM
User Info
(01-23-2016, 08:32 AM)dcc01 Wrote: Spend your money for ATT,of course YMMV. Only H1/H2 is close to my Wolfman's 0.74 in comfort/closeness.

I will, Sir.

Have the entire ATT collection on order, all handles, head plates, caps and inkwell stand. Both open comb, both slants and the solid bar.
Just received my ATT Atlas Open Comb 5-piece Stainless today from Phil at Bullgoose. Next up is the rest of the ATT collection.

Also will get 4 Wolfman as soon as James is ready. I'm on the waiting list.

I don't expect Ikon to be in the same league, but a step down from those is still mighty good in my book

24 5,840