01-24-2016, 11:45 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Hello Nookers!

Today I am offering my pre-Vulfix Chubby 3 and Joris 24k gold plated 2-band European badger brushes for trade first, will sell if I can't find a trade.  Please don't PM me to purchase items that are up for trade, I will update the thread and post a price if a trade is not found.  The Plisson synthetic and Vulfix Pure Bristle brush will be offered solely for sale and is a great opportunity to try a couple of great non-badger brushes.  Prices include PayPal fees and shipping/insurance to USA.  International inquiries welcome if willing to cover international shipping/insurance.

Want to trade for:

Wiborg White Badger brush with 24-28mm knot (in excellent condition, you must be the original owner)
Plisson or Joris non-metallic handle EW/HMW (see above)
Somerset Simpson brush with 24-28mm knots (see above)
Simpson Manchurian non-Chubby from scritch-free batch (see above)
Vintage Butterscotch British brushes with the original knot (both handle and knot need to be in excellent original condition, no re-knotted brushes)
Thiers Issard 26mm Silvertip
The Varlet (besides Mega and Beehive)

[Image: njp956F.jpg][Image: gaPdxYT.jpg]
First for sale is a nice and inexpensive pair of brushes, take both for $35 SOLD!

The Vulfix #28 boar is an excellent and often overlooked brush.  It has a moderately dense 22mm knot, set at 54mm loft, in a very ergonomic handle.  I am the original owner and have only used it for shaving a few times, but lathered it several dozen times to get it broken in.  It is very similar to Semogue brushes of the same size. ($15 new)

The now discontinued Plisson for L'Occitane Synthetic needs no introduction.  I purchased this brand new and have only used it a couple of times, it is in excellent shape. ($35 new)

For trade:
[Image: samS5gB.jpg][Image: V1PWJpP.jpg][Image: cVmKKqa.jpg][Image: xGqPEHZ.jpg]

TRADED
Somerset Chubby 3 Best was purchased as NOS a few months ago and is possibly the best looking non-butterscotch Somerset Simpson brush I have owned, so much so that I made it my avatar.  This brush was hand turned on a lathe and mated to a wonderfully dense Best Badger knot which uses badger hair much different from today's Best.  You should find the knot has the legendary Chubby backbone, but with excellent flow through.  When face lathering with a light touch there is a hint of scritchiness but press down lightly and allow the knot to splay and it turns magically soft.  This brush feels great in the hand with its hefty and ergonomic handle.  The knot measures in at 30mm in diameter with a loft of 56mm.  The brush comes with its original box along with the brush care instructions.

[Image: XL6hJMR.jpg][Image: 5XagyBc.jpg][Image: 1cPnFdX.jpg][Image: FHQpsrB.jpg]

This discontinued Joris 2-band European White shaving brush was made at the start of the century and sold in Art of Shaving stores.  Many new shavers may not know that AoS used to sell private labeled Plisson horn and Joris brushes alongside their German made resin models.  This EW knot is very high quality with very good backbone and only the slightest hint of scritch which has further mellowed with each use.  I have only used the brush about a half dozen times and love everything about it but the heavy handle.  The brush is a perfect size 12 in Plisson speak with a knot measuring  22mm in diameter and a 56mm loft.  The brush comes in its original wooden coffin with the original tissue wrap and $200 price tag (these sold for about twice that price right before they were discontinued a few years ago).  I purchased this brush as new old stock and of course it has been very well cared for.  The original decal is still on the base of the handle and the gold has its stunning luster.  $160 shipped NOW $150 (only reduction)

139 2,677
 01-24-2016, 05:23 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Chubby has been traded

139 2,677
 01-26-2016, 10:33 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Joris now updated for sale, don't miss out, this brush is no longer available at retail!

139 2,677
 01-27-2016, 08:22 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
Plisson/Vulfix lot now sold

139 2,677
 01-29-2016, 09:29 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
One time price reduction, after the weekend brush will be withdrawn

139 2,677
 01-30-2016, 03:49 AM
  • river1
  • Coastal South Carolina
User Info
(01-29-2016, 09:29 AM)blzrfn Wrote: One time price reduction, after the weekend brush will be withdrawn

Dave, please clea your PM mailbox so my message can be sent.  Thanks, Doug

11 303
 01-30-2016, 09:00 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(01-30-2016, 03:49 AM)river1 Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 09:29 AM)blzrfn Wrote: One time price reduction, after the weekend brush will be withdrawn

Dave, please clea your PM mailbox so my message can be sent.  Thanks, Doug

Thank you Doug, PM sent

139 2,677
 01-31-2016, 07:08 AM
User Info
Lovely Plisson.. Something magical about these brushes. Find them more attractive than other brushes.. Very classy
Does the brush feature a removable knot similar to this one?
http://blaireauxplisson.com/en/shaving-b...white_soft

9 769