01-24-2016, 04:02 PM
User Info
hello,
   So I`m very new to the shave Nook and I`m trying to figure out how it all works. Does anyone have any advice they are willing to offer up about navigating through the site? Also I was reading something that says I cant post want to buy adds until I have 40 post i believe it was as well as a member for 30 days. anyone know why this rule is here I`m just wondering like i stated I`m just trying to learn everything so I don't get in trouble or cause any problems. If anyone can offer some inside to the site rules and I guess need to know please and thank you

0 4
 01-24-2016, 04:09 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
The site is all about making friends and being part of a community. The reason for the rules about posting in the buy/sell/trade forums is just a simple way to make sure someone is established in the community before entering into financial transactions with them.

But really, that's only a small part about what this site has to offer. Welcome!

22 823
 01-24-2016, 04:15 PM
User Info
Welcome to TSN. Enjoy!

Lorenzo.

29 1,084
 01-24-2016, 04:18 PM
User Info
If you wish to purchase from the BST you can do so at anytime. Just PM the member. To do that just click on their name and click on the envelope below it. To sell or trade there is the grace period but as Chamm stated that's just to help to show you as a more established member. Most forums with a BST require so many days/posts. Sadly there are too many people only interested in making a buck off of someone else. Hope you enjoy your time here and anything else we can do to help just ask!
BTW, checked out some your YouTube vids. Nice work and nice ink!  Thumbsup

147 3,458
 01-24-2016, 04:52 PM
User Info
(01-24-2016, 04:18 PM)FreddieP318ti thank you I have been enjoying alot this site has to offer and just didnt want to get in trouble ive been looking for a hard to find soap and i was going to post in the want to buy area but i read the rules and thats why i didnt Wrote: If you wish to purchase from the BST you can do so at anytime. Just PM the member. To do that just click on their name and click on the envelope below it. To sell or trade there is the grace period but as Chamm stated that's just to help to show you as a more established member. Most forums with a BST require so many days/posts. Sadly there are too many people only interested in making a buck off of someone else. Hope you enjoy your time here and anything else we can do to help just ask!
BTW, checked out some your YouTube vids. Nice work and nice ink!  Thumbsup

0 4
 01-24-2016, 05:07 PM
User Info
I got Ya. Just be patient and the time/posts will pass before you know it. Of I may enquire what soap is it your trying to find?

147 3,458
 01-24-2016, 05:56 PM
User Info
(01-24-2016, 05:07 PM)FreddieP318ti Wrote: I got Ya. Just be patient and the time/posts will pass before you know it. Of I may enquire what soap is it your trying to find?

+1. Almost all forums I've participated in over the past 4-5 years have had similar rules. Time flies before you know it. And before I forget, welcome aboard Smile

0 650
 01-24-2016, 06:17 PM
User Info
Welcome to the Nook!

16 1,889
 01-24-2016, 09:44 PM
User Info
All rules are available here, and linked from every page, but Craig pretty much nailed what the Nook is about it in his first sentence.

3 4,370
 01-24-2016, 09:58 PM
User Info
Welcome to the forum Erica! You needed clarification and you asked; that was a good start rather than just barging in and knocking the china onto the floor. Kudus to you! (That's a good thing)

Navigation? Just get in and open threads, some are self explanatory from the titles, some need to be opened to get the gist of the content. But the real value is just in taking part. If you have questions ask away, as you already did. If you can help someone when possible, do so. No one will bite your head off for asking something as you found out.

What we really are in shaving terms of one hundred years ago, are a bunch of old farts, and some not so old, sitting around the pot belly stove on a cold day, with some crackers open and laid out, and a piece of cheese and a knife. Pull up a chair and set a spell. If you have a mind, grab a cracker and some cheese, if you want to partake in the conversation, that's open too. Get up and leave when you must, but you're always welcome back. We're all friends. Welcome to you; our new friend.

32 6,445
 01-25-2016, 09:17 PM
  • SRNewb
  • No. Va, USA
User Info
Hi, Erica! This is a fantastic forum. You will enjoy your time here, and the great group of people it is made of. Your time and posts will accumulate before you realize it.
You've already received great advice from some really cool people. The post by Shadow's Dad sums up the Spirit of this place pretty well.
Once again, good to see you here.

2 1,683
 01-26-2016, 03:57 AM
User Info
Welcom to TSN

6 1,248