01-25-2016, 10:09 AM
User Info
So I've posted on a few other forums looking for thoughts. I have recently purchased a Whipped Dog High Mountain badger brush 24mm with the tall handle in amber. I wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on this since I only own a cheap badger brush from amazon and the Omega Pro 48, which I actually love. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated, thanks!

0 1
 01-26-2016, 02:22 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Welcome to TSN. I have no experience with the configuration you mention. But, my experience with Larry at WD has been overall very positive. He's a swell guy who wants to help the community. A real gentleman.

A butterscotch WD pure was my second brush, after starting with a cheap, poorly made Escali/Amazon special. The WD knot was something of a shedder so i eventually sent the brush back to Larry who was kind enough to swap it out for a silvertip knot set deep and low for a small upcharge. It's now one of the brushes i reach for when packing for a trip.
Enjoy your shaves Smile

4 1,910
 01-26-2016, 04:47 PM
User Info
I own that same knot from Larry and though it is least expensive badger I own it is one of my favorites and one that I will probably never get rid of.  The only knock I have on it if being honest is that i cannot get rid of the animal smell on it.  It's not something that is prominent and I mostly only smell it after rinse the brush and it's wet but just want to give a fair assessment. Note that I also didn't soak it in the oxyclean thag Larry sends with the brush so I bet if I give it a soak in thag or borax thag might help but I've had it about a year and it's still there.  
I really don't think you will be disappointed if you buy this brush and Larry is a good guy to deal with.  Not a lot of scratch for a really good brush.  Just my opinions. 
P.S.  don't be surprised you like your omega pro. Many people love them.  I love my pro 49 and am already liking a new zenith boar I just got. Boar is great and a boar will always beat a badger in a fight  Biggrin

86 891
 01-27-2016, 08:04 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
They may win a skirmish, but girls like soft fur Wink

4 1,910