01-25-2016, 12:11 PM
User Info
[Image: kh4gyRE.jpg][Image: chyn1il.jpg]
Brushed Stainless Steel WR1 SB with a WH7 Brushed Aluminum handle  $325 shipped CONUS priority with insurance.  Not interested in any trades.  Thanks

87 892
 01-25-2016, 01:56 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that higher than the new price? but doesnt James sell aluminum at a 25% discount so handle would be $100 new and head would be $175 new ....

Sorry I was assuming his website prices were in US. thanks for the correction.

15 773
 01-25-2016, 02:08 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 01:56 PM)Wrathen Wrote: correct me if I'm wrong but isnt that higher than the new price? but doesnt James sell aluminum at a 25% discount so handle would be $100 new and head would be $175 new ....
It is higher especially because the prices you quoted are in cad not usd. I think he's adding in the supply and demand factor as I've seen the full ss handle and head go for $350+. People pay not to wait.

79 824
 01-25-2016, 02:09 PM
  • Rob W
  • Central IL, USA
User Info
Did you buy this new? Is your price in Canadian $?

4 633
 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
Sorry ok I assumed US pricing.

15 773
 01-25-2016, 02:14 PM
User Info
My price is USD.  I did not purchase it new.  

I don't think my price is grossly inflated or shows me trying to turn a profit at all.  I have sold many items on this great community, always at a loss.   I am taking into account packing, shipping and insurance fees as well as Paypal fees.  Nobody seems to bat an eye when someone posts a RR Babysmooth, slant for $100, $125 and more, or a Ikon Shavecraft 102 head on a simple handle for more money than they cost when they were out of stock for a brief period of time.  My price, accounting for fees and expenses doesn't even come close to that mark up. If anyone has a problem with the price however, feel free to make me an offer.  Thanks

87 892
 01-25-2016, 02:39 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 02:14 PM)chromedometone Wrote: My price is USD.  I did not purchase it new.  

I don't think my price is grossly inflated or shows me trying to turn a profit at all.  I have sold many items on this great community, always at a loss.   I am taking into account packing, shipping and insurance fees as well as Paypal fees.  Nobody seems to bat an eye when someone posts a RR Babysmooth, slant for $100, $125 and more, or a Ikon Shavecraft 102 head on a simple handle for more money than they cost when they were out of stock for a brief period of time.  My price, accounting for fees and expenses doesn't even come close to that mark up. If anyone has a problem with the price however, feel free to make me an offer.  Thanks

I agree with this sentiment 100%. The moment an item is sold for $.02 over retail, everybody throws a fit, but if a seller loses his shirt on an item, guess that's just the way it's supposed to go. It's a shame. Good luck with your sale.

158 1,018
 01-25-2016, 02:44 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 02:39 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 02:14 PM)chromedometone Wrote: My price is USD.  I did not purchase it new.  

I agree with this sentiment 100%. The moment an item is sold for $.02 over retail, everybody throws a fit, but if a seller loses his shirt on an item, guess that's just the way it's supposed to go. It's a shame. Good luck with your sale.

Thanks.

87 892
 01-25-2016, 03:04 PM
User Info
I think people are getting a rise because it reflects his new price which went up in July of 2015. As we know before July you could get on a list and it was a while to get your product but you got it at the old price which I believe was around $200 CAD for the head and handle. The full price of what he charges now is $300 in CAnadian dollars CAD which is less in USD. Currently the $300 full retail James asks for is in CAD which equals $210 USD.

I was on his waiting list since June and came up in mid November. I believe this maybe where people have the issue if the old price was paid.

49 356
 01-25-2016, 03:09 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 02:39 PM)nervosa1901 Wrote:

+1! GLWTS. That is a beautiful razor!

3 1,484
 01-25-2016, 03:12 PM
User Info
I used to be guilty of getting upset when I thought people were overcharging for items.

But then one day I had this revelation... that buyer's are free to do what they want with their money.

If you want it, and have the money to pay for it, who is anyone else to judge? 

Ever since that announcement people have been all too quick to force their idea of a "fair," price on each other. 

But "fair," should include the seller as well. If you decide not to wait for James, there is a fair amount of effort that goes into obtaining these razors...

If you don't want to wait, and you don't want to put in the work to find one somewhere, then you pay more. It's pretty simple.

61 1,710
 01-25-2016, 03:25 PM
User Info
^^^^Agreed.

49 356
 01-25-2016, 03:34 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 03:12 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I used to be guilty of getting upset when I thought people were overcharging for items.

But then one day I had this revelation... that buyer's are free to do what they want with their money.

If you want it, and have the money to pay for it, who is anyone else to judge? 

Ever since that announcement people have been all too quick to force their idea of a "fair," price on each other. 

But "fair," should include the seller as well. If you decide not to wait for James, there is a fair amount of effort that goes into obtaining these razors...

If you don't want to wait, and you don't want to put in the work to find one somewhere, then you pay more. It's pretty simple.
Agree fully, why should the seller (who may have bought it for more than the original purchase price) have to sell it for substantially less than he can get elsewhere. 

Sure, we don't want people to drive up or over inflate prices, but in this case, if you wanted to buy a Wolfman today, you couldn't buy one for $210 or $325. A quick look on the Bay will tell you you might be more likely to pay $500 for a ss version. So if somebody offers it for a very realistic value of $325, I'm more than comfortable with it. 

The other side of the coin is that if we keep enforcing these rules, instead of members offering their wares to our community, they might take them elsewhere where they can get a more realistic price. Let the marketplace determine the price. Just my $0.02. 

P.S. I have a few excess supplies but I'm reluctant to but them on TSN because I don't know I can be bothered with a negative response.

1 97
 01-25-2016, 05:43 PM
User Info
It's called Capitalism!  And I applaud it, very fair price for an in demand item.

10 130
 01-25-2016, 05:59 PM
  • Scoti
  • Ontario, Canada
User Info

I don't think my price is grossly inflated or shows me trying to turn a profit at all.  I have sold many items on this great community, always at a loss.   I am taking into account packing, shipping and insurance fees as well as Paypal fees.  Nobody seems to bat an eye when someone posts a RR Babysmooth, slant for $100, $125 and more, or a Ikon Shavecraft 102 head on a simple handle for more money than they cost when they were out of stock for a brief period of time.  My price, accounting for fees and expenses doesn't even come close to that mark up. If anyone has a problem with the price however, feel free to make me an offer.  
I think your price is fair. .. I do bat two eyes at the razorock razors. I think it's a load of crap what people ask for. Saw one going on the Bay for 500!

3 227
 01-25-2016, 06:25 PM
User Info
I don't usually 'chime in' on these type of responses/posts, BUT I ordered TWO Wolfman Razor Heads (SB & OC) back in JUNE of 2015.
After SEVEN MONTHS of waiting I got both of them TODAY. Bought at the 'old' price' of just under $200 USD for both heads
James is GREAT to deal with and I knew there was a wait involved (Didn't think it would be seven months, But that is FINE with me).

Bottom line: WAIT for a fair price (as I did on my Mongoose, Paladin Falstaff, and (now) Wolfman razors), OR wait less, and PAY MORE!

42 377
 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
User Info
Razor is sold.  Thanks Nook.

87 892
 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
User Info
It's a shame a members sale post had to go this route. GLWTS!

55 923
 01-25-2016, 06:34 PM
User Info
(01-25-2016, 06:33 PM)chromedometone Wrote: Razor is sold.  Thanks Nook.

Ahhhh, that's betterSmile

55 923