01-25-2016, 04:17 PM
User Info
I don't see any reviews of the new CRSW Bois Floraux and am curious about what people think of this new scent.

10 96
 01-26-2016, 02:03 PM
User Info
I really like it. Only got it last week and have used it twice now. I've seen some positive reviews on a couple FB groups. I'd say it's pretty close to what I remember reading on the CRSW site. When I first opened it I wasn't sure, it smelled very floral but once lathered it really opened up and got kinda dirty in a good way. So my mini review and since I'm not good at describing these things is it's floral, woody, vetiver and earthy. Hope that helps you out.

1 127
 01-26-2016, 06:40 PM
User Info
(01-26-2016, 02:03 PM)jazzman Wrote: I really like it. Only got it last week and have used it twice now. I've seen some positive reviews on a couple FB groups. I'd say it's pretty close to what I remember reading on the CRSW site. When I first opened it I wasn't sure, it smelled very floral but once lathered it really opened up and got kinda dirty in a good way. So my mini review and since I'm not good at describing these things is it's floral, woody, vetiver and earthy. Hope that helps you out.

Is there anything (soap, cream, edt, aftershave) that you could compare it to?

3 543
 01-28-2016, 08:00 AM
User Info
(01-26-2016, 06:40 PM)john parker Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 02:03 PM)jazzman Wrote: I really like it. Only got it last week and have used it twice now. I've seen some positive reviews on a couple FB groups. I'd say it's pretty close to what I remember reading on the CRSW site. When I first opened it I wasn't sure, it smelled very floral but once lathered it really opened up and got kinda dirty in a good way. So my mini review and since I'm not good at describing these things is it's floral, woody, vetiver and earthy. Hope that helps you out.

Is there anything (soap, cream, edt, aftershave) that you could compare it to?

Thanks @jazzman. That helps.

10 96
 01-28-2016, 07:13 PM
User Info
Shavealife said in another thread:  I've got the Bois Floraux. Might be my favorite of the CRSW soaps I have. It's not overly floral, more earthy and woody. I hope this gets into a aftershave or balm. The V2 formula is performing really well for me. The slickness and post shave are off the charts good.
Shavealifed, I quoted you here in the interests of keeping a clearer record of Bois Floraux impressions.  Thanks for the nice review!

3 543
 01-29-2016, 07:29 PM
User Info
Very happy to post a successful shave with V1 Vetiver today. I have made many comments/complaints on my lather being lack luster. Seems to be an issue for me to dial in the lather using badger brushes. I used my Plisson SYN today and found the lather did not dissipate as well as seemed to keep the lather tight and smooth. I did my usual increase of water in the 2nd and 3rd passes and the lather did great soaking up the extra hydration. I may keep all the V1 soaps I have and just use them with synthetics until I get a chance to try V2 and Oliva.

79 1,298