01-27-2016, 06:44 PM
User Info
One of all time favorite colognes is John Varavtos EDT...can anyone suggest a shave soap that would pair nicely with this cologne?!

Also, is there a way such as a website to find a breakdown of these scent profiles on different types of colognes?!

Any help will greatly be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 85
 01-29-2016, 01:37 PM
User Info
Looks like they used some pretty off the wall notes for it. It would probably be hard to find something that comes very close.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122565.html

10 1,858
 01-29-2016, 01:47 PM
User Info
While I've never smelled it personally, CRSW Vetiver might be a good match since it pairs plum with vetiver. According to Fragrantica, the two primary notes in John Varvatos EDT are leather and plum. Vetiver can have a smoky/leathery side to it, so if this aspect of vetiver is well-represented in CRSW Vetiver it might be a great match.

Incidentally, use Fragrantica for breaking down the notes of fragrances. In this regard it is better than the Basenotes database because it allows users to vote on the notes that are most immediately evident in the composition.

3 1,484
 01-29-2016, 06:01 PM
User Info
(01-29-2016, 01:47 PM)NeoXerxes Wrote: While I've never smelled it personally, CRSW Vetiver might be a good match since it pairs plum with vetiver. According to Fragrantica, the two primary notes in John Varvatos EDT are leather and plum. Vetiver can have a smoky/leathery side to it, so if this aspect of vetiver is well-represented in CRSW Vetiver it might be a great match.

Incidentally, use Fragrantica for breaking down the notes of fragrances. In this regard it is better than the Basenotes database because it allows users to vote on the notes that are most immediately evident in the composition.

Very insightful...exactly what I was looking for. Also, CRSW soaps happens to be one that has slipped through the cracks for me. Maybe the vetiver will be a nice starting spot!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 85