01-28-2016, 07:15 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
So as much as I enjoy this brush a fountain pen I want has come up for sale and I need some money to pay for it. I have finally gotten this brush broken in so you get to do the enjoyable part of just using it. When I first got it it had some stritch to it, but now that its broken in its almost completely gone, just a bare hint of it left and its not unpleasant at all. The backbone is of coarse great. It does have one little flaw, puppy jumped up on my wife one morning and she bumped the brush off into the sink. It now has a small crack on the handle it hasnt expanded or done any "growing" since it happened (about a month ago). Another thing that has started happening with this brush is it is developing what I think are hooked tips. I havent ever had a brush with them so I dont know for sure I tried to capture it on one of the shots. If the brush doesnt sell I wont be heart broke and will look forward to keeping it and I'll come up with another way to pay for my pen. 

Its a Shavemac D-01 two-band, knot is a 28mm fan set at 52mm loft, & the handle is #167 (one of my all time favorites). Looking for $130 $120 shipped CONUS, original box and paper work come with it. Brush was like $210+shipping new.

[Image: aMVE4tj.jpg]

Here it is next to my Chubby 2 for size comparison (Chubby is NOT for sale), you can also see the little crack in the top of the handle by the knot.
[Image: eZSYfpL.jpg]

Here is what I think are the hooked tips? There are alot of these little guys around the knot and the last few times I have used it I seem to notice a few more. 
[Image: cW9sp5w.jpg]

[Image: 3svocIs.jpg]

[Image: h2BTU69.jpg]

14 769
 01-30-2016, 04:57 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
Price drop to $130 shipped CONUS (international at cost)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 769
 02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
Final Price drop to $120 shipped CONUS (international at cost) 

Also willing to trade for  Thater 2band 4125/3

14 769
 02-08-2016, 12:31 PM
  • Wrathen
  • Gulf Breeze, FL
User Info
So ended up paying for the pen. Still willing to sell the brush to recoup the money.

Also willing to trade for an ATT S2 or R2 razor

14 769