02-02-2016, 03:53 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
Tidied up the mini-den behind my shaving mirror. Shiny man-grotto Smile Note my used blade bank.

[Image: 6zz1bod.jpg]

Now, a mystery (to me): here is the top of a plated shaving stick tin I bought a year ago for a dollar. Note the blissed-out moon-faced man sitting in the clouds is using a DE razor, and holding in his lap an opium pipe. 

Does anyone here have any idea what brand this is? I have not been able to find out. Any information would be appreciated.

[Image: t3mbzfU.jpg]

0 1,733
 02-02-2016, 03:58 AM
User Info
Cool blade bank! We need more photos here :-) I actually have problem with finding used blades bank and using for that Feather blades boxes, but that is really not nice option for me...

0 86
 02-02-2016, 04:32 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(02-02-2016, 03:58 AM)cityrider Wrote: Cool blade bank! We need more photos here :-) I actually have problem with finding used blades bank and using for that Feather blades boxes, but that is really not nice option for me...

No, agreed. Part of the reason I converted to wet shaving was to move away from all the plastic (cartridges) that ends up in land-fill. It's truly an environmental travesty. I like to think I play my part. I prefer card razor packs than plastic like Feathers. If you have plastic ones though, it's good to try to think of a way to use them. I have some vintage blades. Haven't thought of a very good use for them yet, though.

0 1,733
 02-02-2016, 01:21 PM
  • Shaun
User Info
I guess that's a no, then??

0 1,733
 02-02-2016, 05:02 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(02-02-2016, 01:21 PM)Shaun Wrote: I guess that's a no, then??

Give it time Shaun, time.

7 2,281
 02-13-2016, 05:50 PM
  • Shaun
User Info
Mystery Solved

It's from a (Rotbart) 'Mond Extra Klinge' set judging by the razor blades. 1930 or thereabouts. I hadn't noticed the DE in his lap. I have now seen a reference to the image as the "Mongolian Shaving Bag"

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=mond+...NwR_fwM%3A

0 1,733