02-02-2016, 07:36 AM
User Info
So about a month ago, I ordered some Pinaud Clubman and it was put on back order... I should be receiving it next week. I haven't tried it yet, but I am looking forward to it. I understand that they switched to plastic bottles for the aftershaves. Should I decant it into a glass bottle, and if so, what would work well? 

My reason for asking is that I've read a few reviews that say the plastic bottle affects the scent of the aftershave.

0 7
 02-02-2016, 09:32 AM
User Info
I have a Pinaud glass vegetal bottle that was my grandfather's. I once decanted new Pinaud vegetal to the glass bottle, and it evaporated rather quickly, owing to the less than perfect fit between the stopper and glass (it dates from the 1920's or 1930's). The alcohol in it contributed to the evaporation, I think. There's something to be said for tight sealing modern plastic bottles, when you consider that what's inside is especially prone to evaporate. Maybe a glass bottle with a nice tight plastic lined cap is ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 25
 02-08-2016, 04:41 PM
  • urrlord
  • central georgia usa
User Info
Some folks feel there is an ingredient in most plastics that leaches out into the aftershave.These people feel it affects the scent.I'm not sure. But personally speaking I use Frank's Hot Sauce bottles,They are glass with a screw on flip top cap(and have a kind of vintage look to them).I have decanted some a/s and did some blends in the bottles.IIRC a Masters lilac decant smelled....crisper after a day or three with the lid cracked on the glass bottle to allow any volatiles to escape.

0 275
 02-08-2016, 08:13 PM
User Info
I use hot sauce bottles as well.  Just clean and soak them well.  You can also transfer the labels easily by putting water in the empty plastic bottle and nuking it.  I would go for about a minute.  If it doesn't peel off easily at that point, do 1t second bursts until it does.

Yes, my Clubman smells a little different after the transfer.  It can get a little skunky in the plastic.

1 296
 02-10-2016, 05:17 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I have an old glass bottle, mostly full, that was specially made for barbers to give as gifts to their regulars for Christmas.  Heavy glass.

7 2,281
 02-11-2016, 09:35 AM
User Info
I decant all mine into glass, it seems to affect the scent doing so in a positive way.

6 1,256