07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
User Info
*Gorgeous pics of your walk, James.

*Johnny, i would have loved to seen a photo of your 300 pipes!

89 21,229
 07-21-2012, 07:08 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Thanks Celestino, I would have loved to see that many pipes too, online vendors don't even keep that many around !

3 748
 07-23-2012, 10:55 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Up my usual path into the woods, and exiting into the park i leaned myself a lesson today

Bees Have No Respect For The Pipewalking Man !!!

So Sipping on some solani sweet x, In my Peterson (5th break in smoke), and i feel a pinch on the bottom side of my left foot, stepped into a thorn or something till I looked down and saw my true assailant, a sadistic bee who took it upon himself to show me what he thought of my smoking and bravely got under my foot timing perfectly between my flip and my flop just in time to deliver his crushing blow and fly away !

he was a BASH bee (Bees Against the Smoking of Humans) his let his stinger go right in the soft arch of my foot and boy did it burn the whole walk home all i could do to enjoy what was left on the pipe, and the worse part was my only chance at revenge was a missed air strike against my predator, who just slipped himself between a swiping finger and thumb and got away cleanly

They are out there my friends, dont say i didnt warn you

Beware The Bash Bee !

3 748
 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(07-23-2012, 10:55 AM)syngent Wrote: Up my usual path into the woods, and exiting into the park i leaned myself a lesson today

Bees Have No Respect For The Pipewalking Man !!!

So Sipping on some solani sweet x, In my Peterson (5th break in smoke), and i feel a pinch on the bottom side of my left foot, stepped into a thorn or something till I looked down and saw my true assailant, a sadistic bee who took it upon himself to show me what he thought of my smoking and bravely got under my foot timing perfectly between my flip and my flop just in time to deliver his crushing blow and fly away !

he was a BASH bee (Bees Against the Smoking of Humans) his let his stinger go right in the soft arch of my foot and boy did it burn the whole walk home all i could do to enjoy what was left on the pipe, and the worse part was my only chance at revenge was a missed air strike against my predator, who just slipped himself between a swiping finger and thumb and got away cleanly

They are out there my friends, dont say i didnt warn you

Beware The Bash Bee !

But, but, but...I LIKE honey! Undecided

2 5,000
 07-23-2012, 02:03 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Lol not that kind of Bee, in this case when i say bee i mean Wasp

3 748
 07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
Uh oh, definitely nasty. Angry

2 5,000
 07-24-2012, 04:35 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Wow thanks to a members giving nature, i have some new pipes inbound, cant wait will add some spice to the rotation and lol some more things to take pictures of, as pictures always keep interest in a thread, i actually began speaking to this person elsewhere, invited him here only to find out he had just started out here himself.... so maybe he can join in my little thread as well,

Learned a few new things too,

1. windy days can hurt your pipe and set them ablaze, so the wind pipe tops arnt just cool looking but a must for me, since i usually go out for walks

2. zippo pipe lights work great !

3. there are pipe contests, yup they see who can smoke the longest using the same pipe, tobacco and what not, last man standing wins ! lol cant wait to see that on ESPN during the next major sports lockout

3 748
 07-25-2012, 05:42 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Sitting on the front porch great cup of tea and a nice rain fall coming down past the street lights, what a nice night for a pipe

3 748
 07-25-2012, 06:57 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
When I go outside to to yard work or to blow/shovel snow in the winter, I always just go out with an old corn cob pipe. I've ruined to many nice pipes over the years because of those windy conditions or extremely cold weather.

My good pipes are reserved for indoor smoking or when driving on a trip/vacation.

181 25,142
 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
(07-25-2012, 06:57 PM)Johnny Wrote: When I go outside to to yard work or to blow/shovel snow in the winter, I always just go out with an old corn cob pipe. I've ruined to many nice pipes over the years because of those windy conditions or extremely cold weather.

My good pipes are reserved for indoor smoking or when driving on a trip/vacation.

A member popped into my box to warn me about that, was worried he was going to ruin my walks out, told him losing a pipe because i didnt know would ruin my walk a lot more,

i think i need a cob or two for those days

i never would have guessed that Pipes had so much involvement and skill as shaving, but like pens as well there is a lot to keep you busy, and skills to learn, and when you get it down and things settle, it becomes just pure enjoyment really

a lot of crossover between those things, its to bad the other two (pipes, pens) dont have a forum, well one as nice as this one !

3 748
 07-25-2012, 08:41 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
There are a few fountain pen forums and while not bad, none seem to have the homey atmosphere that we have here at TSN.

2 5,000
 07-25-2012, 09:06 PM
User Info
(07-25-2012, 08:41 PM)freddy Wrote: There are a few fountain pen forums and while not bad, none seem to have the homey atmosphere that we have here at TSN.

Freddy, i guess it is time for you to start a sub-section for fountain pens, here. Wink i will join.

89 21,229
 07-25-2012, 09:21 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
So we'd have two interested members. Tongue

2 5,000
 07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Me too !

3 748
 07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
(07-25-2012, 09:21 PM)freddy Wrote: So we'd have two interested members. Tongue

I'd be interested in reading, especially if there were tips on improving handwriting! I have one fountain pen, but I hardly use it due to my chicken scratch.

35 1,734
 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Lol "Freddy's fountain flow"

3 748
 07-26-2012, 01:27 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
(07-25-2012, 10:26 PM)syngent Wrote: Lol "Freddy's fountain flow"

24 Here are some of my pens along with one of my favorites (a TWSBI Diamond 540 with a Fine nib) along with a writing sample I did.

[Image: Fountainpencollection.jpg]

[Image: P1020278.jpg]

If there really is any interest then we can start a thread elsewhere. I don't want to hijack the pipe thread.

2 5,000
 07-26-2012, 02:32 PM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
Thats okay, I like pens too,.... currently writing away with my Jinhao 500 my cheap little 5 dollar chinese pen that writes rather well actually... if there isnt enough for a full thread maybe we can have a "Other Gentlemanly Pursuits" thread and retitle this one, but there is at least four or five of us around here into it, and you can only enable more along the way lol

3 748
 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Freddy, I find it interesting that under your pen you have written Gresham, Wisconsin. Now why did you pick that name?

181 25,142
 07-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  • freddy
  • Banned
User Info
I have visited a friend there. She is a member here. Smile

2 5,000