02-10-2016, 09:23 PM
User Info
Hello and good day, has anyone tried the Fendrihan "Scientist" Full Stainless? It's at a good price point of $39 and it full stainless steel. It similar to the shavecraft with one side being open comb and the other has the safety bar. Thinking about possibly trying it out but if someone has it or has used it I would like to hear what you think. Thanks and have a good one. [Image: c83cd05d6a0834d29aacb36f52c289ef.jpg][Image: f7f7ca32a46016668745067d3ad56d0e.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 180
 02-10-2016, 09:30 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I haven't tried it, but it looks great, especially at that price point!

I have to say, though, that I am completely uninterested in the dual OC/SB style of razor. I decide before each shave what I want to shave with and don't feel the need to hedge my bets. So, I might be interested in either an OC or SB version, but not the hybrid.

60 843
 02-10-2016, 11:20 PM
User Info
 02-11-2016, 05:20 AM
User Info
Interesting but I don't care for the combined OC/SB design.  I like the price point.  Hopefully they will expand on the concept with additional head options.

5 81
 02-12-2016, 07:33 AM
User Info
I agree, I don't want to shave with both an open comb and closed comb during one shave, or limit myself to just one side of the razor.

0 13
 02-17-2016, 06:42 PM
User Info
(02-10-2016, 09:23 PM)Razor_187 Wrote: Hello and good day, has anyone tried the Fendrihan "Scientist" Full Stainless? It's at a good price point of $39 and it full stainless steel. It similar to the shavecraft with one side being open comb and the other has the safety bar. Thinking about possibly trying it out but if someone has it or has used it I would like to hear what you think. Thanks and have a good one.

It's not really similar to the Shavecraft 101 (comb / bar) or the ikon OSS (comb / bar) beyond the obvious... that it has a comb and a bar. (There are other comb/bar heads out there. Wolfman makes the DC head, iKon made the SBS comb/bar head...)

For one thing, the aggressiveness on the 101 and OSS are both internally consistent - the bar and comb are the same amount of mild / aggressive on each head. You just get the different face feel and whether or not the hair goes between a comb tooth or over a bar before getting cut.

For another, both the 101 and the OSS are much gentler razors to use. The Fendrihan is meant to be mild on bar, aggressive on comb. That wasn't my experience. 

I really like comb / bar heads. I know it's just a preference, but I switch sides with each pass, and find it nice. The 101, the OSS, are great. I highly recommend those razors.

4 180
 02-17-2016, 08:02 PM
User Info
I have never tried this OC/SB combo before. So I was just curious as to what everyone else thought about it. Thanks for sharing.

17 180
 02-18-2016, 07:01 PM
User Info
At that price, I would definitely look into getting one.  However, I don't care for the dual head.

48 5,715
 02-19-2016, 12:21 PM
User Info
it is a shame that they are using that damned ual head design.Please, open comb or safety bar, but not both on the same head!

0 32
 02-19-2016, 01:51 PM
User Info
My question is why don't they have an option like Maggards does at that price.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

0 94
 02-19-2016, 08:49 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Given the low investment, I'd say its worth a try. However, as others have mentioned, the "dual personality" is undesirable to me (but may suit someone wishing to EXPERIMENT).

99 18,011
 02-20-2016, 09:28 PM
User Info
Well gents I have this razor a shot. The article posted above by LuvWetShavin is spot on. The open comb side is actually milder than the safety bar side. The up side is that handle is hefty, didn't weigh it but you definitely get some weight with it. The down side is the craftsmanship on it is not that great. The knurling is not all uniform, meaning the pattern seems to be off towards the middle of the handle but it does provide a good grip. I may have just gotten a bad razor but that's what I have. Overall its an average razor. If you are looking for a stainless steel razor that is rugged, heavy but flawed then this may be for you. The shave is ok. As mentioned by many users the OC/SB combo is not the best but I'm glad I explored it myself. Not sure if I'm going to keep it, we'll see. Thanks for all your replies...

17 180
 02-21-2016, 09:08 PM
User Info
(02-20-2016, 09:28 PM)Razor_187 Wrote: Well gents I have this razor a shot. The article posted above by LuvWetShavin is spot on. The open comb side is actually milder than the safety bar side. The up side is that handle is hefty, didn't weigh it but you definitely get some weight with it. The down side is the craftsmanship on it is not that great. The knurling is not all uniform, meaning the pattern seems to be off towards the middle of the handle but it does provide a good grip. I may have just gotten a bad razor but that's what I have. Overall its an average razor. If you are looking for a stainless steel razor that is rugged, heavy but flawed then this may be for you. The shave is ok. As mentioned by many users the OC/SB combo is not the best but I'm glad I explored it myself. Not sure if I'm going to keep it, we'll see. Thanks for all your replies...

Yeah, when I wrote that article, it didn't make sense that they'd make the bar side more aggressive. I asked them about it after the article was published, and they insisted they'd done it right, that I didn't have a defective unit. That yours behaves the same as the one I have tells me that it's their design that doesn't match their description.

4 180