02-12-2016, 12:53 PM
#1
User Info
Found a Rubberset 600N a while ago locally and just got around to working on the brush.  I thought I had a "Before" picture but couldn't find it now.  Both the top metal section and the bottom Lucite where pretty scratched up, probably why I let it sit so long before working on the brush.  

The Knot was dirty but seemed in good shape.  I would normally cut the knot off right away on this type of brush but once I cleaned it, it looked pretty good so I left it for now.  The knot seemed a little better than many Nylon brushes I've had before.  Not as floppy, maybe because of the way it is cut.

After the normal progression of sanding paper and polishing, this is what I ended up with.  Haven't painted the lettering yet and haven't decided what to do with the knoit.  I did give it a test run on Tabac soap and it actually performed well.  Has a bit of backbone to it and made a surprisingly good lather.  I left a few imperfections especially in the aluminum top since I didn't want to go too deep with the sanding.  Amazing how clear the Acrylic portion came out.

Now I have to decide what to do with it!  Here's some pictures, I really enjoy old vintage handles![Image: G1vC3qp.jpg][Image: 3j4sxPt.jpg][Image: H2LmQBn.jpg]

10 130
Reply
 02-12-2016, 01:36 PM
#2
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Nicely done, wonderful handle.

59 4,383
Reply
 02-12-2016, 02:04 PM
#3
User Info
Wow that's a beautiful brush. Excellent work

9 769
Reply
 02-12-2016, 04:55 PM
#4
User Info
Nice restoration.

48 5,716
Reply
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)