02-10-2016, 08:50 AM
User Info
It has been my pleasure and it does take a few minutes to absorb and get used to, but the benefits in winter and on your skin are well-worth it.
I hope it works out well for you and in no time, you'll be looking years younger! Biggrin

82 21,056
 02-11-2016, 01:19 PM
User Info
How many gents have mixed essential oils into their usb? I heard that tea tree is a good astringent and love the scent of lavender....any chance to mix these?

39 275
 02-11-2016, 01:41 PM
User Info
(02-11-2016, 01:19 PM)hillbillyreverend Wrote: How many gents have mixed essential oils into their usb?  I heard that tea tree is a good astringent and love the scent of lavender....any chance to mix these?

Haven't tried that, but Mystic Waters sells a Shea Butter with lavender  (which I love).

52 1,175
 02-12-2016, 06:16 AM
  • Balj86
  • Maryland USA
User Info
So I revisited this thread and read someone used their USB as a preshave and I attempted the same myself. Usually I wouldn't use this as a preshave since my favorite is Proraso. But I recently modified my USB with apricot oil, EO's & menthol crystals. I have to say it was nice with nice cool tingle. The SB adds an extra layer of skin literally and ended up being a very comfortable shave. After I was done I did not need any post shave at all. Skin was moisturized and soft.

10 963
 02-12-2016, 06:50 AM
User Info
I have tried to use the same method and have given me very well , just not with this product. I for example with argan oil . But I was very curious about this , I'll try . Thanks for the description

0 50
 02-16-2016, 10:22 PM
User Info
Just placed an order .. nice that they have $1 fixed shipping anywhere in the U.S.

http://www.theorganicsheabutter.com/sheastore.htm

Looking forward to trying this out since my face and scalp get extremely dry during the winter months 

Thanks !

27 229
 02-18-2016, 07:02 AM
User Info
(02-16-2016, 10:22 PM)LuvWetShavin Wrote: Just placed an order .. nice that they have $1 fixed shipping anywhere in the U.S.

http://www.theorganicsheabutter.com/sheastore.htm

Looking forward to trying this out since my face and scalp get extremely dry during the winter months 

Thanks !

Bulk Apothecary sells shea butter for $4.3/lbs.  A great bargain.

0 134
 02-18-2016, 07:15 AM
User Info
I've been following celestino's advice for a few days straight now. Here are a few of my observations:

1) The application is a little tedious, you have to scoop a tiny amount out, tricky to measure (more on this later) and rub between your palms till it liquifies. You get the hang of it eventually, not a big deal.

2) A little really does go a long way with this stuff...though it doesn't feel like it on your palms initially. I've taken to slowly reducing the almond size (approximately) amount by tiny amounts till I'm comfortable with the face feel. Any more and it has that oily shine especially on the cheek bones for longer than I'd like; when you get the amount just right, it gets absorbed in 20-25 minutes and there is no shine worth mentioning. 

3) I've been following my usual post shave regimen...warm water rinse to clean off any left over lather, cold water rinse to close off pores, aftershave and finally sealing everything up with Shea butter.

I have noticed a smoothness in face feel that wasn't there before as well as a quicker recovery from any razor burn. I will continue using this as my primary facial moisturizer as I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Celestino!

0 650
 08-27-2016, 08:36 AM
User Info
Last night I read this thread and a few others on prep. I tried Celestinos advice on cold water, rubbing in the lather before the first pass and it definitely seemed to help. I also got some USB and used it after my AS. An hour later and things feel good. I'll keep up this routine and see how it goes. Hopefully changing too many variables at once doesn't come back to bite me.

1 15
 08-28-2016, 05:38 PM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
How have I gone all this time without knowing about this stuff! Tried it for the first time today and after I applied it felt like I didn't shave, just completely heels the skin!

1 429
 08-29-2016, 07:22 AM
User Info
Yes I am on day 3 with USB and its been great.

1 15
 09-09-2016, 04:24 PM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I've been using USB for years - great stuff. Not really in the summer but every other season it's the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 313
 09-09-2016, 04:46 PM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
I actually use it with a blend of grape seed oil, lavender essential oils and some stearic acid as a pre-shave.  Great softening of the beard and stubble.  It also helps moisturize my face and provides added slickness when shaving.

61 507
 01-29-2017, 02:13 PM
  • celar36
  • Enjoying Life 1 shave at time
  • London, UK
User Info
Any good and trusted vendor in Europe preferably UK?
Preferably link please. Amazon have plenty of it and it's hard to chose and then is West and East African...

Edit: Got PM with answer. Cheers. Order placed

11 880
 02-04-2017, 12:47 PM
User Info
(01-29-2017, 02:13 PM)celar36 Wrote: Any good and trusted vendor in Europe preferably UK?
Preferably link please. Amazon have plenty of it and it's hard to chose and then is West and East African...

Edit: Got PM with answer. Cheers. Order placed

Go with the East African shea (Shea Nilotica). You wont be disapointed!
I've used shea butter for years, but just recently discovered the difference between eastern and western shea.

I dont have any links other then amazon, as this is were I get most of my shea.

I want to try a "bulk buy" from Lotion Crafters, but they are US based..

1 112
 02-04-2017, 12:51 PM
User Info
Do any of you guys buy in bulk?

I use shea so much, that I thought I'd try to buy a couple of pounds from Lotion Crafters.
Does anybody have any experience with them?
What is the quality like?
I found some reviews online, but they are all a couple of years old.

Does anybody have some recommendation for good quality Shea Nilotica for bulk purchase? (Other then going to Uganda..)

1 112