02-15-2016, 03:06 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
There are many nice soaps available that have stickers to hold the lid of the bowl. A good example is Nuavia. I've seen many SOTD photos that gentlemen have left the stickers on the bowls. Is there any special reason for doing this or is it some kind of weirdness? I' d like someone to explain me. Personally, I prefer my beautiful bowls without stickers and I take them out before using the soap. It's cheap to me eyes to see ceramic bowls having stickers on them.

49 1,940
 02-15-2016, 03:49 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I think it's kind of cool looking. It reminds me of being excited about receiving a new soap and tearing the sticker to open it. Some of the stickers themselves are cool looking or colorful, and can be considered part of the soap container. I usually leave mine on, just like leaving the label on the container.

38 5,036
 02-15-2016, 04:55 PM
User Info
D.R. Harris bowls also have them. Since their stickers have the soap name as well, it seems helpful to leave the sticker on. Even moreso if you have multiple DRH bowls.

15 1,021
 02-15-2016, 05:14 PM
User Info
Stickerless, for me, please.
I don't have the Nuavia jar, but, if I did, I'd remove the two stickers - for aesthetic reasons and makes cleaning easier too, from my perspective. 
(IME, stickers, when new, are usually easier to remove, than when they become tackier - from moisture, for example.)
On the other hand, some stickers, I leave on - for example, the sticker on the plastic lid of my D.R.Harris (cream) tub; but, I prefer that logos are printed directly on the lids of containers, a la C&S, T&H (cream), etcetera.

0 427
 02-15-2016, 05:31 PM
User Info
I wasn't sure what to do with the stickers on my Nauvia Blu jar. I ended up leaving them on, but cutting the ends with a scissor.

38 1,159
 02-16-2016, 11:15 AM
User Info
Never really given it much thought actually. I just start using it, don't bother with the stickers. Sometimes I re use a bowl with another puck and seldom give the sticker a second thought. I think it all depends on you.

0 650
 02-16-2016, 12:56 PM
User Info
(02-15-2016, 05:31 PM)shevek Wrote: I wasn't sure what to do with the stickers on my Nauvia Blu jar. I ended up leaving them on, but cutting the ends with a scissor.

I just stick the stickers on the box itself and put the box in storage.

18 642