02-16-2016, 12:03 AM
  • Shaun
  • St Peters, NSW, Australia
User Info
I may be obsessing, but I recently acquired a beautiful 1938 English Aristocrat #15 OC: my grail razor. 

I decided it was in need of re-plating, which my wife agreed to pay for as a birthday present, and so I sent the razor to New Zealand ( this has nothing to to with the vendor) and it STILL hasn't arrived. It is now one month. I sent the small package airmail, no tracking (hmmm) but my experiences in the past had been trouble free. I am seriously worried. 

Have I lost this item? Has anyone else had difficulties with the New Zealand postal services?

0 1,774
 02-16-2016, 01:50 AM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
I'm assuming it's from Australia post to new zealand ? I don't have experience with Auspost but generally >3 weeks means hopefully the mail taken a detour.

10 376
 02-16-2016, 03:31 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Did you send it with tracking? Definitely should have arrived by now. 3 to 10 business days is normal.

Was it intended for Dave to re-plate, because he is definitely trustworthy and beyond reproach.

99 18,011
 02-16-2016, 11:48 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
(02-16-2016, 03:31 AM)ben74 Wrote: Did you send it with tracking? Definitely should have arrived by now. 3 to 10 business days is normal.

Was it intended for Dave to re-plate, because he is definitely trustworthy and beyond reproach.

Dave is certainly a very good man; as stated, no issue with the vendor, as this has nothing to do with Dave.  No, no tracking, also as stated above. There is nothing tracking does can prevent an item from going missing; all it can do is tell you what point it got to before it evaporated. I suspect a customs grab. Plus in NZ they only deliver parcels three days a week. They also had a couple of public holidays. Who knows?

0 1,774
 03-13-2016, 02:31 AM
  • Shaun
User Info
Nope: lost by Australia Post. I have given up hope on this one. Very unfortunate indeed. Australia Post takes zero responsibility. Also a business loss to Dave in NZ.

0 1,774