06-08-2019, 03:53 AM
User Info
(02-17-2016, 11:57 AM)Sc0ttG Wrote: On the hunt for a good bath soap, been using mitchells wool fat, but fancy something different what does everyone recommend 

Scott

I also looking for the suggestion!

0 18
 06-08-2019, 08:16 AM
  • MaxP
  • Des Moines, Iowa
User Info
(06-08-2019, 03:53 AM)Lee Russell Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 11:57 AM)Sc0ttG Wrote: On the hunt for a good bath soap, been using mitchells wool fat, but fancy something different what does everyone recommend 

Scott

I also looking for the suggestion!

I quite enjoy Pre de Provence soaps.  It comes in several size and many scents.  My skin enjoys the shea butter.  Look online for selection and pricing.

[Image: UF1Qw5l.jpg]

I also like SV soaps.  Cosmo is my favorite.

[Image: 0iDhLEI.jpg]

66 1,915
 07-12-2019, 10:36 AM
User Info
I still enjoy the Yardley bath bars which are readily available at my local dollar stores for $1. Nice tallow formula, and I've noticed an activated charcoal one recently that I plan on trying out.

9 182
 10-19-2019, 01:06 PM
User Info
These arrived from PAA:

[Image: b7f93e59baeb88df65314600ea54cd28.jpg]

0 217
 10-20-2019, 11:07 AM
User Info
I like these soaps from two TSN Artisans, Siliski  Soaps and Cold River Soap Works.  The Siliski is a true Castile soap, 100% olive oil and unscented.  The CRSW Savon de Bastile is a bastille soap, 72% olive oil.   The CRSW Schapenmelk includes tallow and sheep milk.  

[Image: cTZn4o3.jpg] 

[Image: xT6UneE.jpg]

60 9,644
 10-20-2019, 11:36 AM
User Info
We stayed in a Hampton Inn during a recent 3-day vacation trip to a mountain town, and I really liked their bath soap, so I absconded with a bar of it.  I have found out since then that it is a Neutrogena product.  I plan to buy more in the future.

[Image: 6ocOXpj.jpg]

236 13,708
 10-22-2019, 09:44 AM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info

Scott

We have a very hard time keeping bars of Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap on hand in our household.  Do not misinterpret my introduction:  it is a high compliment.  As Michelle Burns (Mystic Water) is a site sponsor, here is the URL to find it:  

Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap is not a hard-milled soap, so it will not last through six months of daily use in your soap dish.  If your criterion for good soap is how long a bar lasts, Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap is not for you.  

If you have guests staying overnight in your home, and they are perceptive enough to use the bar of Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap that you have left by the bath tub or in the shower, you will be obliged to give them a fresh, wrapped bar of Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap to take back home with them.  (Some very polite guests will refrain from the presumption of asking you to give them a bar, but — trust me on this — when you offer it, the gift will be accepted.)  Because my bride is Japanese, of course, she always offers the gift:  that is what Japanese do; but non-Japanese guests always accept the offer of the soap that they have had the pleasure of using in our home, just as reliably as Japanese guests do.  And the expressions on their faces is always just as happy and appreciative.  Now you know why we have difficulty keeping stock on hand for our own use.  

I guess I should mention in passing that Mystic Water Goat Milk smells divine, is highly moisturizing on the skin, and rinses off completely when you want it to do so.  

It is, in short, a complete(ly perfect) bath soap.

1 1,385
 10-22-2019, 10:16 AM
User Info
Signs011   Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap is excellent, as is its Avocado Castile (90% olive oil).

60 9,644
 10-23-2019, 01:15 AM
  • TomG
  • Perth, Western Australia
User Info
Bath soaps I have tried and can recommend are:
  • Beauty and the Bees - Handmade in Tasmania, Australia, and using beeswax and honey in their soap bases.  Great soaps, and legendary shampoo bars.  My favourite is their classic Tasmanian Beer shampoo bar - I've used nothing else on my hair for three years now, and my hair is the best it has ever been.
  • Nesti Dante - superb soap made in Florence.  A huge range of scents; triple milled and luxurious.  My personal favourite is Cipresso.
  • Valobra - another wonderful Italian soap.  I find Glycerlanolina unsurpassed as a pre-shave facial soap.
  • Stirling - good, honest soap with great scents and reasonable prices.  My favourite is Pig Trail - the same scent as their Ozark Mountain shaving soap.
  • Washpool Farm - excellent hand-made Australian soap made with all natural ingredients, and a huge range of soap bases. My favourite is Bergamot, Patchouli and Cedarwood.
  • Klar - nice German soap; the men's soap is a very pleasant sandalwood scent.
  • Speick - very economical and high quality tallow soap with the fresh speick scent.  You can tell it is packed with tallow - it is so slick that the bar is difficult to hang on to!

1 194