02-18-2016, 10:52 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Hello Gentlemen,

Up for sale is a truly unique item.  I have not seen any like this myself.  I managed just over a year ago to get Bernd at Shavemac to install a Thater 2 Band knot that I had shipped to him from Thater installed in one of his Faux Horn 439 Handles.  You can see the result in the pictures.  It turned out wonderfully.  I would categorize this brush as having medium backbone (definitely not floppy) with the wonderfully soft tips that Thater is renowned for.  Excellent flow through and a wonderful face feel suitable for face lathering as well as bowl use.  The tips stay mushy and feel like there is still soap there after a very thorough rinsing.  Usually the hallmarks of the feel of a "gel tip brush" though I hesitate to call it that because the term is so overused.   

The brush is officially a 26mm (measures and looks closer to 28) with a requested loft when manufactured at 57mm.  The handle is the 439 Faux Horn Shavemac handle which is 70mm in length.  It sounds like a lot but really isn't when in the hand and feels WONDERFULLY ergonomic.  Very easy to grip.  One of the best handles I have ever used really.  The brush is in excellent shape and has not shed a hair ever, even when brand new! 

The retail on this brush as it shows on my invoice is $191.71 USD.  It is for sale at $179 USD ($149 USD, Last price drop) shipping included within the USA and Canada.  Overseas a bit more.  If you would like tracking on this shipment (it is shipping from Canada) that would be an additional $10 and worth it in my opinion.  

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files Image(s)

14 871
 02-18-2016, 08:34 PM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
Price drop and improved last picture.

14 871
 02-19-2016, 08:42 AM
  • Attila