02-18-2016, 04:17 PM
  • Chaddy
  • North Carolina
User Info
Has anybody tried one of these brushes? If so what you thank about it?

5 527
 02-18-2016, 09:09 PM
  • grantmm
  • Friend of the Badgers
  • Draper, Utah
User Info
I won't be the best endorsement. I got in on the very early brushes (first 100 I believe). It was a manchurian and very soft, but the loft was way too high. The hairs were silk levels of thin. It shed like a maine coon in summer. 

I felt bad for selling it for $40 dollars (a steep discount over new) because it would lose 15 hairs per shave regularly. The brush maker didn't believe my claims or my friends similar (worse) experience.

They may be better now, but that identical experience with THREE different brushes between was a bad taste that is hard to shake. 

Granted, he is out there and trying and was brand new to the manufacturing side at the time and that is honorable/awesome. I loved that handle, so if he did manage to get his knots squared away, then I would say it is worth the risk.

10 753
 02-19-2016, 03:27 AM
User Info
I have one and I love it. Soft tips and excellent backbone. 24mm white tip manchurian. Very dense knot more like a 26mm. They stopped making them but should start up again in March according to Mustafa the owner.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

19 571
 02-19-2016, 10:14 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I had one that I purchased from someone here used.  My experience was not pleasant, it shed like our housecat at the beginning of summer and the knot was soft bordering on floppy.  Neither the seller nor the manufacturer wanted to do anything about it, so I sold it at a very heavy discount from what I bought it for and declared it as a shedder.  I believe the phrase, "never again" comes to mind, very forcefully, due to my experience as well as those of many others that I have read.

14 871
 02-21-2016, 01:15 AM
  • Teddyboy
  • Guilty, with an explanation
  • NYC
User Info
I would avoid Tipsoft. 

The brush I bought shed and never stopped. The hairs are quite thin and I think that some of the shedding may be due to breakage along the hair shaft but I am not certain.  I bought a very dense Manchurian w/ about 26mm wide knot. My only Manchurian experience had been the great stuff from Simpsons, so I was quite shocked to find that Tipsoft Manchurian has absolutely no resemblance to Simpsons Manchurian. 

Further, I should have read the small print because my brush did not even come with a logo, just plain faux ivory handle!! The reason I received upon asking was that my brush was not expensive enough - about $145 after their discount.  Have you ever seen a company put a price on whether or not you even get a logo?  Now I probably cannot even resell it as a Tipsoft b/c it does not have a logo! 

In general, my recollection of reading the boards is that some people were satisfied, but the larger majority of Tipsoft customers were quite disappointed.

Be very careful, Mustafa is very congenial, a real smooth one.

P.S.  I may be wrong, but in retrospect I think there could be a Tipsoft shill running amok.

1 795
 02-21-2016, 07:59 AM
  • Attila
  • The Hungarian Blade
  • Vancouver, Canada
User Info
I concur about the shill. I have the same recollection.

14 871