03-07-2012, 01:57 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1220712.jpg]

This shaving soap its made for the brand Bath and House http://www.thebathhouseshop.com,which has a really extense men care line of products,like shaving soap,balsams,bath soaps and gels..etc http://www.thebathhouseshop.com/shaving/...-oils.html

[Image: P1220717.jpg]

This is a tripple milled shaving soap,and its ingredients are really similar to other UK made soaps like Floris Elite and JF,Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad and Sienna,Edwin Jagger...

Its ingredients are :

Potassium Palmate, Sodium Palmate, Potassium Stearate, Potassium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Stearate, Glycerin, Palm Kernel Acid, Parfum (Fragrance), Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Pentasodium Pentetrate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicarpate, Ficus Carica (Fig Extract), Hydroxycitronellal, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Cl 77891.

[Image: P1220715.jpg]

As you can read,this shaving soap has parabens on it,as well as nugmet and fig extracts,so I guess that parabens are use to preserve those natural ingredients better.

Its scent is really elegant as well as warm,but Im terrible describing fragrances.On the box I can read this :
Quote:warm spicy notes of Spanish Fig,nutmeg and clove resting on a base of sandalwood,cedar and exotic patchouli oil"

So,how on the earth is not going to smell good???BiggrinBiggrin

[Image: P1220716.jpg]

This soap creates a really thick lather,kind of the tallow based shaving soaps,and I would say that slighly better than the other ones that I mention earlier like the C&E or Floris ones,but not by much.
By the way,its shaving bowl is made of wood and looks really similar to the Floris ones.

I have enjoyed excellent shaves with it,and while its not the most slick shaving soap,takes care of my skin really well.Its not a top soap for me,but closer to the top,I would say.However,its scent its simply great,pretty manly and last through the shave.Its on the sweet spice side without being too powdery or really strong,so I seriousness congratulate Bath and House (or to the soap maker) for it.

This is a medium/top shaving soap for my taste and will stay with me,and Im sure once its finish,Ill replace it with other,but this time with its shaving wood bowl.

86 7,124
 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
I'll bet it smells amazing.

116 3,804
 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
User Info
I dont have any for sale right now but it did smll great when I had it. Spainish Fig is a great line.

5 273