02-20-2016, 07:32 AM
User Info
I am interested in using a Feather AC in a Schick or Pal adjustable injector razor.  
I have looked for an instructional video on YouTube to that effect, but could not find one.  
Is there someone on this forum who could either instruct me as to how to safely do this, 
or better yet create a YouTube video for the benefit of us all.  Thank you,

Roy

10 176
 02-20-2016, 01:28 PM
User Info
Are you interested in trying because you like those blades? Just for fun?

I'm not sure they would fit even if you were able to get them trimmed to the correct length. I'm not sure how the dimensions compare though honestly.

7 1,313
 02-20-2016, 08:19 PM
User Info
Start with the Feather AC Professional blade - do NOT try this with a Super Pro, as they are wider. The Pros are the same size as a standard injector blade except for the length.

Using a used injector blade as a template, hold the feather blade in a pair of pliers and cut it to length with a pair of tin snips or heavy duty serrated edge scissors. Be careful not to damage the cutting edge of the blade. Smooth up any rough edges with a file.

Now load the trimmed blade back into an injector blade dispenser. Use a toothpick or small screwdriver to push the stack of blades down and feed the uncut end of the Feather blade back into the dispenser.

Finally, load the blade into an injector razor in the usual manner and get ready to enjoy your best shave ever. 

This is a good way to check out the Feather AC blades without dropping big bucks on a Cobra or Mongoose. Of course, I was so impressed with the blade that I ended up buying a Mongoose anyway. Blush

--Bob

0 185
 02-20-2016, 09:08 PM
User Info
(02-20-2016, 08:19 PM)spidey9 Wrote: Start with the Feather AC Professional blade - do NOT try this with a Super Pro, as they are wider. The Pros are the same size as a standard injector blade except for the length.

Using a used injector blade as a template, hold the feather blade in a pair of pliers and cut it to length with a pair of tin snips or heavy duty serrated edge scissors. Be careful not to damage the cutting edge of the blade. Smooth up any rough edges with a file.

Now load the trimmed blade back into an injector blade dispenser. Use a toothpick or small screwdriver to push the stack of blades down and feed the uncut end of the Feather blade back into the dispenser.

Finally, load the blade into an injector razor in the usual manner and get ready to enjoy your best shave ever. 

This is a good way to check out the Feather AC blades without dropping big bucks on a Cobra or Mongoose. Of course, I was so impressed with the blade that I ended up buying a Mongoose anyway. Blush

--Bob

Thank you Bob,

I already have an Alumigoose, which has become my daily shaver.  
I seem to like the Kai Milds just a little bit better than the Feather AC Pros, 
and I don't care for the Super Pros at all (too rough a shave).  
I still have an old Pal adjustable somewhere, which I haven't used in years for want of good blades.
This seems like a good opportunity to put it back into service, if I can find it.  Thanks again.

Roy

10 176
 03-08-2016, 05:11 AM
  • SciTX
  • Houston, TX Area
User Info
so with the blade edge facing you...are you cutting the left edge of the blade?

0 62
 03-08-2016, 10:06 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 05:11 AM)SciTX Wrote: so with the blade edge facing you...are you cutting the left edge of the blade?

Yes - and then the right edge is fed back into the blade dispenser, so that the cut edge goes into the razor first.

--Bob

0 185
 03-08-2016, 11:22 AM
User Info
Supply Provisions is coming out with an new injector in a few weeks (hopefully) that will have a removeable head which
I believe would allow a blade to loaded without the use of the injector cartridge. Might be interesting to try a trimmed AC blade when I get mine.

44 486