02-21-2016, 04:13 AM
User Info
I have bought and bought, bought, bought and bought & then purchased soaps and creams.

Which soaps/creams do YOU feel is missing from your collection?
What would perfect your collection - NOW at this moment in time ?

I'm also a fragrance head, and looooong time ago I came to the conclusion, that you can never ever feel you have a complete fragrance collection, unless you have settled on a number and/or a variety of scents you like to own in your collection.  Right now my limit for how many fragrance I can own is my 5 way drawer cabinet in my bedroom, a rather big white thing, with very wide and deep drawers. Yet my 500+ fragrances have now managed to fill this cabninet completely out, and I'm running out of space. I have promised I would stop buying, once this was filled up to and over the top.

So I'm only buying 12-15 fragrances this year, circa the amount I use up during a year.
And I'm buying 50 ml bottles now, instead of going for the larger ones. To maximize space, and because buying larger bottles is crazy, when I can't even use all my fragrances up in 30 years time, if I satopped buying now.

But regarding soaps & creams, I actually feel I almost have what I really really want to own. I'm dead serious.
Got the 6 Savon de Volcans and the Savonniere du Moulin last week.

After just rebuying Boellis Panama, I feel I own EVERYTHING except these 5:

Now I only really feel I miss Nuavia Blue and Rossa, S.M.N. v.3 and the 2 new Esbjrg creams.

And I forgot: CRSW Oliva, so 6 total.

That's it.

Besides these, I own ALL the soaps and creams I need to.

What about you ?

24 6,019
 02-21-2016, 04:20 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
There are so many soaps and creams I haven't tried, I wouldn't even know where to begin!

7 2,359
 02-21-2016, 04:37 AM
  • jtmke
  • Ex shaving hater
  • milwaukee
User Info
I am trying to get to the ten essentials. Occasionally I try something new for rave reviews but I have too many excellent soaps and creams to use them all and don't "need" more.

9 462
 02-21-2016, 04:57 AM
User Info
I have tried a lot of soap and I only keep the ones that are really special to me. Others I use and then sell on. I don't feel like I need to complete a collection but I do feel as though I am missing out on a really great Lime Soap. I have a sample of Mystic Waters and Love it and will probably get a tub at somepoint but before pulling the trigger on that I will try a few others. I will be trying Tims Old School Lime next.

4 642
 02-21-2016, 05:19 AM
User Info
You likely feel like these three would complete your collection Claus likely because it would literally complete your collection! You've owned all creams and soaps Claus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

75 2,320
 02-21-2016, 05:34 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I stopped collecting soaps and kept only those I really enjoy. When you have in your rotation soaps like Pannacrema, B&M, Le Pere Lucien and Savon de Volcans, you don't need to buy anything else, in my opinion.

49 2,017
 02-21-2016, 05:51 AM
User Info
We will never find them Claus. We are one in the same I can tell. As a fragrance fanatic and lover of scents and everything there is about them I will never find what I believe is perfection. I know this because I keep buying stuff knowing some of my frags and soaps are the top of the heap but we never know that something may smell even better. I'm the same way with soaps. 

I never know if one may be the perfect combination i am looking for but still I buy and seek out everything leaving no rock un turned. It's our curse my friend  Shy. It's all about the journey.

49 356
 02-21-2016, 05:54 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
What would perfect one's collection?
I have used most of the revered one's we hear about. 
Nuavia Red & Blue (samples), Saponificio, Boellis, SdM, Brutal Bra, XPEC, AdP and a lot of those US artisans.
These threads tend toward ymmv and I can see myself ordering the Brutalt and Nuavia again.

At present I have reduced the den down to two brands and am enjoying great shaves:
Czech and Speak OC & No. 88
Haslinger

42 1,041
 02-21-2016, 05:57 AM
User Info
(02-21-2016, 04:20 AM)chazt Wrote: There are so many soaps and creams I haven't tried, I wouldn't even know where to begin!

Same thing I was going to say.

148 3,599
 02-21-2016, 06:41 AM
User Info
Well, I'm just going to put down the top 5 that come to mind.. 

1) Nuavia Blue
2) Aqua di Parma
3) SDM
4) B&M Hallows
5) Brutalt Bra (TSN 4th Anniversary) 

There are just soooo many though, I left off Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge, XPEC, MDC Fougere, Meißner Tremonia, and for some reason I really want Shaver Heaven Arctic Mango.

4 929
 02-21-2016, 06:47 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Every scent Michelle offers at Mystic Waters

I would back an old Volvo 240 station wagon up to Bullgoose and empty the shelves of MWF and SdM to start.

2 3,171
 02-21-2016, 06:47 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Claus....knowing your super high standards I'd make a recommendation for Carthusia Uomo shave soap and olive wood shave bowl. The shave bowl comes with the soap so you don't need to buy both. It's a wonderful hard vegan soap with the best scent I've experienced in a shave soap and the olivewood bowl is a knockout. Presentation & performance are both there my friend. Made by a small perfume company in Capri. Their EdP is quite lovely and the soap scent matches perfectly. 

[Image: 2u8Rlwl.jpg][Image: E1S96My.jpg]

169 1,424
 02-21-2016, 07:34 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
I have more than enough different soaps/creams that work well I have given up on the holy grail search. Seems kind of pointless now.

Bob

0 1,694
 02-21-2016, 07:48 AM
User Info
I think my perfect collection would be under 20 soaps and creams that work best for me.  

I think I have at least 40 at the moment and have no idea how many I've tried over the past 5+ years.

33 548
 02-21-2016, 08:29 AM
User Info
(02-21-2016, 07:48 AM)daverasi Wrote: I think my perfect collection would be under 20 soaps and creams that work best for me.  

I think I have at least 40 at the moment and have no idea how many I've tried over the past 5+ years.

Couldn't agree more with this.  I cant figure out why I refuse to stop trying more.  I'm happy with what I have, but I want more.  I have between 40-45 or so.  This makes no sense!

1 468
 02-21-2016, 08:39 AM
User Info
(02-21-2016, 06:47 AM)Steelman Wrote: Claus....knowing your super high standards I'd make a recommendation for Carthusia Uomo shave soap and olive wood shave bowl. The shave bowl comes with the soap so you don't need to buy both. It's a wonderful hard vegan soap with the best scent I've experienced in a shave soap and the olivewood bowl is a knockout. Presentation & performance are both there my friend. Made by a small perfume company in Capri. Their EdP is quite lovely and the soap scent matches perfectly. 

Damn you! I thought (foolishly) that I had all the soaps I wanted... Just added this to my list!
Is the only place to order the bowl from their web site or is there a vendor in the US that carries it?

2 336
 02-21-2016, 10:20 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
After recently adding the both Nuavuas, B&M Night Music, and LPL with Ass milk and honey, my soaps collection is COMPLETE!

Though any new releases from B&M would be always welcome to my shave den!!!

113 1,543
 02-21-2016, 10:54 AM
User Info
(02-21-2016, 08:39 AM)Pfirnett Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 06:47 AM)Steelman Wrote: Claus....knowing your super high standards I'd make a recommendation for Carthusia Uomo shave soap and olive wood shave bowl. The shave bowl comes with the soap so you don't need to buy both. It's a wonderful hard vegan soap with the best scent I've experienced in a shave soap and the olivewood bowl is a knockout. Presentation & performance are both there my friend. Made by a small perfume company in Capri. Their EdP is quite lovely and the soap scent matches perfectly. 

Damn you! I thought (foolishly) that I had all the soaps I wanted... Just added this to my list!
Is the only place to order the bowl from their web site or is there a vendor in the US that carries it?
I have only found the refill from US vendors and if my calculations are correct to order the bowl shipped to California from their website would be $166 plus change. I love the look of the bowl but unfortunately thats too pricey for me.

4 929
 02-21-2016, 11:12 AM
User Info
I have so many soaps, but not even one high end soap.
I would be satisfied with ADP...

0 51
 02-21-2016, 11:15 AM
User Info
(02-21-2016, 10:54 AM)Oasisdave Wrote:
(02-21-2016, 08:39 AM)Pfirnett Wrote:

I have only found the refill from US vendors and if my calculations are correct to order the bowl shipped to California from their website would be $166 plus change. I love the look of the bowl but unfortunately thats too pricey for me.

Gentlemen, CO Bigelow has it on sale at $150.00. Look in their Carthusia section but dont click on the Uomo section, just look in their overall goods section below. You will see it there.

0 517