02-23-2016, 09:44 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Neglected razors razors looking for a new home

Pricing includes CONUS shipping, payment by Paypal... international welcome at additional expense. 

** 29 Feb 2016 - moved sold items to the bottom ** 
** 4 Mar 2016 - price update **

SOLD - Leresche #34 $75 

French OC classic, 3 piece razor. Consisting of an aluminum base plate and aluminum handle while the handle collar and top plate are plated brass. Includes 2 paper blade banks.  The platting on the collar and top cap have been lovingly replated by Chris Evatt of RazorPlate. All teeth are straight, case locks shut no broken hinges, chips or cracks. 

[Image: sTq4w5n.jpg][Image: aa7KxCg.jpg][Image: KR2dS7t.jpg]

SOLD - British Aristocrat #66 -$120 - 
This beauty was replated in Rhodium by Razor Emporium last year, they did a excellent job as the razor was very scratched up and plating looked to be uneven. The inside of the razor still shows some scratches under the door as those you cannot solve but they've been cleaned and plated over, 3rd photo. The underside looks a bit hazy and believe you can clean that up, the doors open evenly and knob turns perfectly, mechanically flawless, the new plating has held up very well and I fully expect it to do so for a very very long time. I haven't used the razor since it came back

link here to the post containing the before and after shots of the #66 in Rhodium

[Image: j0PAcwU.jpg][Image: 4vonaLc.jpg][Image: q2HYhL1.jpg][Image: CzQI4CO.jpg]

SOLD - Gillette Big Fellow 1920 (old type) - $115 - -> $95
An amazing 3 piece made in the US razor, I found this one quite aggressive. I had this replated by Chris Evatt @ RazorPlate as well to give it a breath of new life. Solid brass razor, which lends go a nice weighted feel. The baseplate on the blade side contains the Gillette serial number as was typical for the Big Fellows from what I've seen and based on the s/n it falls in the 1920 era. Included are the metal blade bank, one new gillette vintage blade, case (which I believe to be possibly sterling silver as I just polished it up and there's a makers mark on the back side).
The top cap has 'fleabites' as some were quite deep as we found out during the restore process but its a razor that's about to be 96 years old that's been refreshed. 

this is a before photo.. 
[Image: fWZcqvO.jpg]

and results of the replate.. 
[Image: ftQrk7T.jpg][Image: aE10onB.jpg][Image: BYjHxvo.jpg]

Thanks to all for looking...

35 1,329
 02-25-2016, 08:17 AM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Aristocrat #66 - sold
Leresche # 34 - sold
Big Fellow - Old type - sold 

Aristocrat Junior - available

35 1,329
 02-25-2016, 09:23 AM
User Info
How I wanted that 66, nice stuff Smile

2 102
 03-04-2016, 12:40 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Bump... 

pricing update to help these razors find a new home

35 1,329
 03-05-2016, 08:58 PM
  • refles
  • New York
User Info
Please archive, thread consolidation, moving unsold razor to new post

Thank you TSN and all buyers who have given these neglected razors new homes!

35 1,329