07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
(07-20-2012, 02:15 AM)yohannrjm Wrote: Gentlemen -

Please refrain from mentioning the forum(s) that banned you in the open forum here. If you want to let another member know which forum it was, please do so in a PM.

Identification of the forum(s) involved will probably result in the thread devolving into a forum-bashing one. This is beneficial to no one.

TSN is not in competition with other shaving forums. We all work together to spread information on our hobby, which we all enjoy. While members are free to vent their frustrations here, let's try and keep a positive outlook on things and be thankful for the vast number of forums available -- making sure that there's a place where everyone feels that they belong.

+1, Yohann. Besides, folks, venting here will not change factors anywhere else.

2 5,000
 07-20-2012, 09:35 AM
User Info
I am among great company here :-) I don't frequent a lot of other forums, just one where I get these tips for my android tablet. I fully intend to make The Nook my new online retreat.

0 54
 07-20-2012, 09:56 AM
User Info
Thanks, Yohann. To be clear, this thread wasn't created to complain about another board, but rather to let people know why I wasn't answering their PMs (I know at least one person tried to contact me unsuccessfully.)

12 1,247
 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
User Info
insomniac -

Please don't misunderstand my post. The thread has been fine so far. I just didn't want the forums involved to be identified by name, at which point it could have resulted in the thread changing direction.

I completely understand and agree with your reasons for posting this.

38 1,750
 07-21-2012, 11:56 AM
User Info
Great job of showing respect while expressing your opinions. i hope we can continue to be a model of respect to anyone who browses here. Have a great day, gents.

91 21,274
 07-21-2012, 06:39 PM
User Info
(07-18-2012, 01:25 PM)insomniac Wrote: No reason given, and my subscription was partially refunded.

Just making sure you know where to find me.

It might be a good idea to thank them for banning you. After all, do you want to participate in a place that mistreats folks that way? Look at the subscription they kept as a referral fee for sending you here. I think that you will find it well worth the money. In my opinion, this is the best wetshaving forum around. It is very well run and all involved are a great bunch!

0 308
 07-22-2012, 07:13 AM
User Info
(07-21-2012, 06:39 PM)Tbone Wrote: In my opinion, this is the best wetshaving forum around. It is very well run and all involved are a great bunch!

+1

0 54
 07-25-2012, 04:15 AM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
This is one of the best forums around, wether it be for shaving or not. I have been on a few, and none have been as close, friendly and intelligent. There's always the occasional bad seed, or misunderstanding, but the mods here are excellent and have a very non political, matter of fact way of dealing with things.

I'm proud to call the Nook my home!

9 408
 07-25-2012, 04:34 AM
User Info
(07-25-2012, 04:15 AM)biggiej42 Wrote: I'm proud to call the Nook my home!

+1

I am / was a Mod over at a computer focused forum (EeeUser.com, if anyone is curious) but hardly go there no more... and it's not just because the board goes up and down like the Assyrian Empire, but because this board is much nicer to hang out at Tongue

Also, I've yet to see any spam here - which is great!

3 6,618
 07-25-2012, 05:39 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
Bit late to the party, but here are my thoughts: I think we should always judge a person on how they act, not solely on their apparent reputation. There will always be a proportion of legal convictions and forum bans that are unjustified, so until someone breaks the rules here, I personally feel bound to treat them with the respect that I hope for from others. I'm not saying that I trust everyone implicitly right off the bat, but I like to read what people have to say and how they say it, and draw my own conclusions from what I see. Once a member breaks a rule, everything changes, and I trust the forum moderators here to take appropriate action. It's a nice place now; here's hoping it remains so for good.

1 290
 07-27-2012, 07:43 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(07-25-2012, 04:15 AM)biggiej42 Wrote: I'm proud to call the Nook my home!

... and the mods/admins are our... wait for it!

"Nook Nannies" Laughing1

9 1,684
 07-28-2012, 04:30 PM
  • Craig
  • Not a ragin Cajun; a mild mannered one
  • Astoria, NYC
User Info
I love the nook. quickly becoming my most-visited site.

You guys are an ok bunch to hang out around Tongue

6 119
 09-07-2012, 04:16 AM
  • Johan
  • Barberian of the lathering
  • Sweden
User Info
As a complete newbie at this forum i have to say you have a very friendly attitude here. friendly members and a just as friendly moderators. I dont feel that i have to be someone well known and "important" to be part of the community here. Goods forum like these are hard to find in my experience and i think i´ll stay for a while. Smile

0 284
 12-17-2012, 01:36 AM
User Info
This is my very first post in this forum. I was just forever and permanently banned because I complained about a certain vendor who intentionally defrauded me.

When I went back as a guest and looked at some of my posts I saw that my profile picture was replaced by a picture of a grown man crying. Classy.

I'd spent a ton of time doing pomade, razor, and blade reviews and sent out a ton of PIF's. I helped new folks on a regular basis.

As per rule #11 I won't mention which forum.

As a new member here I'd like to ask a question. If I am defrauded by a vendor will I be allowed to complain about it here in the gripe forum?

Anyway thanks and hopefully I look forward to becoming a part of the dialogue here.

Lance

1 284
 12-17-2012, 01:44 AM
User Info
@Lance: Welcome. While I'm sure a friendly moderator will be in shortly, you might want to have a look at this recent thread in the complaint forum - it highlights a few things I think.

3 6,618
 12-17-2012, 01:51 AM
User Info
Thank you, Hans

1 284
 12-17-2012, 02:36 AM
  • Exapno
  • Northampton, England
User Info
I have never been banned from any forum, shaving related or otherwise. I must be doing something right. Or wrong... depending on your perspective. If you join a forum, you play by the house rules. If you don't like the rules, don't participate in the forum. As in cricket, the umpire's decision is final.

0 132
 12-17-2012, 10:21 AM
  • Kostas
  • SW suburb of Chicago
User Info
(12-17-2012, 01:36 AM)regularfella Wrote: This is my very first post in this forum. I was just forever and permanently banned because I complained about a certain vendor who intentionally defrauded me.

When I went back as a guest and looked at some of my posts I saw that my profile picture was replaced by a picture of a grown man crying. Classy.

I'd spent a ton of time doing pomade, razor, and blade reviews and sent out a ton of PIF's. I helped new folks on a regular basis.

As per rule #11 I won't mention which forum.

As a new member here I'd like to ask a question. If I am defrauded by a vendor will I be allowed to complain about it here in the gripe forum?

Anyway thanks and hopefully I look forward to becoming a part of the dialogue here.

Lance

Lance, I was following that thread you started "elsewhere" and just noticed that it was deleted. I was disappointed to see it got deleted and do not support that decision...you kinda got hosed. Considering the limited options available to us wet shavers, I'd personally want to know the goods and bads of each vendor.

9 69
 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Lance, if you take a look at the thread that Hans directed you to, I think you will see that many of us are suggesting that you wait to complain in public until all possible attempts have been tried and resources used to rectify the situation. None of us wants to be taken by a dealer who is less than reputable but as has been pointed out, many on-line retailers in the shaving world are small mom & pop type of operations and any number of things can go wrong that can be straightened out. Does this always happen? Of course not but but at least it gives the vendor and you every opportunity to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

An honest complaint is not grounds for being banned here at The Shave Nook but don't be surprised if you are questioned by other members who have had successful transactions with the person you may be upset with. As long as you have tried everything you can think of before going public and as long as the posts in the complaint thread remain civil then I see no problem with it. That does not mean that an administrator or moderator may not step in if he thinks the discussion is getting out of hand.

2 5,000
 12-17-2012, 12:12 PM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
(12-17-2012, 11:07 AM)freddy Wrote: I think you will see that many of us are suggesting that you wait to complain in public until all possible attempts have been tried and resources used to rectify the situation. None of us wants to be taken by a dealer who is less than reputable but as has been pointed out, many on-line retailers in the shaving world are small mom & pop type of operations and any number of things can go wrong that can be straightened out.

This is how I would go about it. If the problem could be fixed then that's great. If there is no attempt to fix/straighten out the problem then a public complaint or review will be given.

10 1,120