03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
User Info
Just got my Victoria brush a few days ago and got around to taking some pictures of it. It's hard to judge the size of a brush sometimes on just a picture if you don't have something to compare it to. It looked like the size of my other, but it's waaaaay bigger. The loft plays a big part in this as it is a 29mm knot, just like my Polo 10.

Polo 10: 29mm knot, 52mm loft
Victoria: 29mm knot, 68mm loft.

Looking at it, it puts me in mind of those monstrous lofted Plissons you see. The handle does have quite a few cracks in it, and also a chip at the base, but what a lovely brush it is still!

The brush has never been used even from what it seems like. No badger smell, but there was a lot of dye that came off with the first time I washed it. I've noticed a few brittle hairs come out too, but my other brush had a few at the start, but has been steady now. It's amazing the vintage stuff still out there! It has Parfumerie Liebe Hannover on the reverse side.

10 444
 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
  • England
User Info
Wow that's one soap muncher Biggrin nice find. Are Victoria the same company that make shoe brushes etc.? First Vic. shave brush I have come across............very nice

0 110
 03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
User Info
Well these are vintage. I remember someone doing an interview with the owner of Semogue and a specific question came up about old manufacturers that he considered good and Victoria came up. I see these pop up occasionally but not too often. I guess that some boar brushes are still made but there's a specific requirement for them. I'd have to go digging through topics again to find it, but this a vintage find. I don't know if they made shoe brushes. They are out there because I have 3 brushes. 2 badger, 1 boar. The boar was made in West Germany in fact! The badgers are very hungry for soap or cream. I haven't had this one used yet but there's just so much of it and from what I've observed shortly from cleaning it looks to be the same as my other badger.

10 444
 03-08-2012, 06:49 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Wow...that's a monster brush! I had never heard of Victoria brushes before.

45 15,936