02-26-2016, 12:13 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just wondering if I am the only person who bought and uses the Hone razor from hone-shaving.com...It is a wonderful product and someone must have bought one...if so please post your thoughts..I sure like mine.Amazing how quickly these new products drop off the radar...for those that don,t know this is a solid brass 3 piece heavy razor that sort of looks like the Standard razor (another fine product)...check under hone-shaving .com if you want to check it out.

6 1,995
 02-26-2016, 12:45 PM
  • bijou
  • Chicago Illinois
User Info
I received mine about 6-7 weeks ago used it for 5 shaves I liked it, the design is beautiful made with with a unique metal and it gave me a an excellent close smooth shave. But it is a heavy razor, a heavy headed razor so I wound up putting it aside and have not thought about it since. My rotation consists of 4 to 5 razors and I would say because of the weight it didn't break into the rotation. You are right it is a very good razor, maybe in a few months I'll revisit the Hone and see it differently.

50 413
 02-28-2016, 03:47 PM
User Info
I've had mine now for a couple months and it has stayed in my rotation.  Just got the Pils Saturday so I will compare them this week.  I like the Hone a lot though!!

0 749
 03-02-2016, 01:07 PM
User Info
I went to the website to check it out.  Looks really nice.   Modern design with an old school metal.  

Price with shipping to the U.S. came out to be about $176 today.  My only concern is whether it will be too heavy and whether the center of gravity is too high on the handle.  Any thoughts from people who have used it?

2 1,397
 03-02-2016, 01:59 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
It is a heavy razor but for me it shaves great...easy to hold and is just so cool it is fun to use...I like mine a lot...but then again I,m a collector so I like variety and have no regrets.

6 1,995
 03-03-2016, 01:29 AM
User Info
It's a good razor, shaves well like everybody says, its heavy, has a nice clean look to it but overall it's nothing special to make me want to pull it out to use it often. It's something I will keep because it's a little different but not something I would use all the time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

19 571
 03-03-2016, 03:28 AM
User Info
I love the metal choice and clean look. Price wise I think it's fair but I highly doubt I would buy the razor only because of weight. Way too heavy for my preference... Beautiful looking razor nonetheless

10 770