07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
(07-18-2012, 08:16 PM)ShadowsDad Wrote: Glad you found us too!

My history matches yours also. When I was working I'd have a 3-4 day old beard, now retired and I shave every day. It's enjoyable and a very relaxing part of the day. When I first began blade shaving I kept my ear to the rail looking for a way to shave more frequently.

Anyway, Welcome to TSN!

Mark, what are you using for gear?

I have a Merkur 34C. I just ordered a Jagger Plaza but have not received it yet. I am using Proraso shave cream and aftershave, which I enjoy but am looking to try new things. As for blades, I have tried several but there are only two that work for me, Feather and Shark. It is difficult to cut the beard around my chin and mouth with anything else. I am always open to suggestions. Smile

19 574
 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM
  • freddy
  • Banned
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Hi Marc,

Two that I would recommend are the Gillette 7 O' Clock Super Platinum (Dark Blue box) and the Personna Medical Prep blades. I find them both excellent and with (for me) much longer staying power than the Feather. Feathers give me exactly two shaves but I can get up to seven with the other two. Of course your beard may be different so your results may be, as well. I, too, like the Shark Super Chrome blades, by the way.

I really like your avatar. Are they your cats?

2 5,000
 07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
User Info
+1 for the Dark Blues. I also get incredible longevity from the Gillette 7 O'Clock Blacks (over a week.)

Sharks are the best bargain in blades, IMHO. If you do like them, you can get 300 for ~$25 from BestShave.

12 1,247
 07-19-2012, 02:20 PM
  • matloffm
  • Culver City, CA
User Info
(07-19-2012, 11:20 AM)freddy Wrote: Hi Marc,

Two that I would recommend are the Gillette 7 O' Clock Super Platinum (Dark Blue box) and the Personna Medical Prep blades. I find them both excellent and with (for me) much longer staying power than the Feather. Feathers give me exactly two shaves but I can get up to seven with the other two. Of course your beard may be different so your results may be, as well. I, too, like the Shark Super Chrome blades, by the way.

I really like your avatar. Are they your cats?

Yes, they are our cats. My wife introduced me to cats in the 80's and we have had roomates ever since. The two in the avatar are brother and sister. They are now over 7 yrs. old. I could go on, but I don't think this is the right forum for it. Dodgy

19 574
 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM
User Info
Welcome to The Shave Nook!

1 2,827
 07-19-2012, 07:18 PM
User Info
Welcome to the Nook!!

73 4,346