02-29-2016, 02:12 PM
User Info
Can someone describe the scent of the Blue other than "spicy and warm"? I often see descriptions of the Rossa, but not of the Blue beyond generalities. Thanks!

0 17
 02-29-2016, 02:32 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Spicy and floral is what you ask for.

It's a very pleasant, complex and intense scent.

Personally, I get vanilla, oregano, labdanum, lavender and some other floral notes.

49 1,960
 02-29-2016, 02:36 PM
User Info
I managed to get my hands on both. I prefer the blue to the rossa. Does anyone else find them to be not particularly masculine?

63 1,720
 02-29-2016, 02:41 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(02-29-2016, 02:36 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I managed to get my hands on both. I prefer the blue to the rossa. Does anyone else find them to be not particularly masculine?

They're not overly masculine scents nor feminine.

49 1,960
 02-29-2016, 02:48 PM
User Info
(02-29-2016, 02:41 PM)nikos.a Wrote:
(02-29-2016, 02:36 PM)NSmalls Wrote: I managed to get my hands on both. I prefer the blue to the rossa. Does anyone else find them to be not particularly masculine?

They're not overly masculine scents nor feminine.

+1 on the Blu (have not tried the Rossa). Although I think its a scent that men will probably prefer more than woman will.

53 1,184
 02-29-2016, 04:44 PM
User Info
(02-29-2016, 02:41 PM)nikos.a Wrote: They're not overly masculine scents nor feminine.

I agree with this 100%. They seem to be pretty neutral. I wish they were slightly more masculine though.

63 1,720
 03-01-2016, 09:11 AM
User Info
(02-29-2016, 02:32 PM)nikos.a Wrote: Spicy and floral is what you ask for.

It's a very pleasant, complex and intense scent.

Personally, I get vanilla, oregano, labdanum, lavender and some other floral notes.

Awesome. This is prefect, thank you.

0 17
 03-01-2016, 10:06 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
Way to go my Viking friend! Here's to you! I have never had the pleasure but I must say from the description I've read of the scents the red sounds like I'd like it better but I like the look/color of the blue. But to have both! Skoal!

7 2,298
 03-01-2016, 04:24 PM
  • Niro884
  • Italian Shaving Enthusiast
  • Stoney Creek, Ontario CANADA
User Info
Nuavia soaps are pricey but well worth it.  The best soap I have ever used. 10 in every category as far as I am concerned.

48 489
 03-01-2016, 05:04 PM
User Info
(03-01-2016, 10:06 AM)Mouser Wrote: Way to go my Viking friend! Here's to you! I have never had the pleasure but I must say from the description I've read of the scents the red sounds like I'd like it better but I like the look/color of the blue. But to have both! Skoal!

Biggrin

24 5,910
 03-03-2016, 03:40 AM
User Info
I bought a tub of the nuavia rossa yesterday at pasteur's. Really like the scent and will be shaving with it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 58
 03-03-2016, 05:41 AM
User Info
(03-03-2016, 03:40 AM)BeardFace Wrote: I bought a tub of the nuavia rossa yesterday at pasteur's. Really like the scent and will be shaving with it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't know they had it! How much was it?

13 773
 03-03-2016, 05:52 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Gentlemen in New York, you're very lucky that you have such a great place to buy shaving items. It must be like the heaven of the wet shaving community. I've seen some videos on YouTube. Most of us have to pay a lot of money in shipping costs, plus that you're able to sniff it before buying it. And that's a big plus, believe me. Most of the times, I try to imagine the scents from the descriptions that are available.

You will enjoy the Rossa, I'm sure. It's a lovely soap!

49 1,960
 03-03-2016, 06:15 AM
User Info
It was 44 plus tax. They only had the Rossa scent though. I asked if they had the blu and I was told they would order more. I imagine the price will go up once they order more. This may be the price when it was first released.

Lucky for us but unlucky for our savings accounts. I love pasteurs but I tend to try to stay away. When I first started wet shaving, I was there almost twice a week. Also, while we are a community we are a very small community. The store has so many different kinds of soaps and I imagine a lot of them sit there for quite a while. I know that I noticed barrister and Mann seasonal soaps that must have been there since last spring. Don't know if that matters to most but I like it when I know the soaps from the artisans are fresher.

The scent description of the rossa seems more to my liking. The blu is supposed to be a spicy lavender/vanilla scent. I like vanilla but I tend to not enjoy lavender soaps and soaps that I have spicy scent to them.

Anyway, I shaved with the rossa and I was very pleased. I often shave every third day or every fourth day. I have a 40 grit sandpaper like beard that is hard to shave unless I let it grow out for a few days. I shaved yesterday with B&M Seville. It was a rough shave yesterday as I often have trouble dialing in the lather for B&M. I hadn't shaved two days in a row in nearly a year, but I couldn't wait with the nuavia just sitting there. I must say I was very impressed. Better protection and similar slickness to MdC. I don't know if it's dethroned Santa Maria novella for me and I must give it another few shaves to really assess that. SMN has a residual slickness like no other soap I've seen.

3 58
 03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
User Info
(03-03-2016, 06:15 AM)BeardFace Wrote: It was 44 plus tax. They only had the Rossa scent though. I asked if they had the blu and I was told they would order more. I imagine the price will go up once they order more. This may be the price when it was first released.

Lucky for us but unlucky for our savings accounts. I love pasteurs but I tend to try to stay away. When I first started wet shaving, I was there almost twice a week. Also, while we are a community we are a very small community. The store has so many different kinds of soaps and I imagine a lot of them sit there for quite a while. I know that I noticed barrister and Mann seasonal soaps that must have been there since last spring. Don't know if that matters to most but I like it when I know the soaps from the artisans are fresher.

The scent description of the rossa seems more to my liking. The blu is supposed to be a spicy lavender/vanilla scent. I like vanilla but I tend to not enjoy lavender soaps and soaps that I have spicy scent to them.

Anyway, I shaved with the rossa and I was very pleased. I often shave every third day or every fourth day. I have a 40 grit sandpaper like beard that is hard to shave unless I let it grow out for a few days. I shaved yesterday with B&M Seville. It was a rough shave yesterday as I often have trouble dialing in the lather for B&M. I hadn't shaved two days in a row in nearly a year, but I couldn't wait with the nuavia just sitting there. I must say I was very impressed. Better protection and similar slickness to MdC. I don't know if it's dethroned Santa Maria novella for me and I must give it another few shaves to really assess that. SMN has a residual slickness like no other soap I've seen.

Agree with you 100% about SMN.  It's the best soap I've tried, period.  And I love B&M, Valobra/C&S, ABC, and MW.  If Nuavia is close to SMN, I need to get some the next time I'm in NYC!

11 972
 03-06-2016, 12:47 PM
User Info
(03-03-2016, 06:15 AM)BeardFace Wrote: It was 44 plus tax. They only had the Rossa scent though. I asked if they had the blu and I was told they would order more. I imagine the price will go up once they order more. This may be the price when it was first released.

Also, I use B&M a lot and I find the best way to dial in the lather is to start with a damp but not wet brush, and add a few drops of water 2-3x during the loading process.  This will help you get that thick gooey proto lather.  Once you have the right proto-lather, you can add water a little bit at a time until it gets that velvety sheen.  I find this process is a lot quicker with Latha and Black Label than with White Label.  Haven't tried the new glissant base but from what I've heard its even better.

11 972
 03-07-2016, 06:35 AM
User Info
There are enough soaps out there to keep me happy and I've given B&M enough tries.

On another note, nuavia was fantastic again today.

3 58
 03-07-2016, 08:25 AM
User Info
I own both, haven't used the Rossa yet, but the Blu gets a lot of play.  Post shave is just amazing.

Enjoy them!

61 3,796
 03-08-2016, 05:49 AM
User Info
Can't shave with them before april, but they arrived today.....

Rossa smells like Amouage Epic Man, Blue I can't quite say what it reminds me of.

Both are very nice scented, and presentation is STELLAR !!!

[Image: kB0av8m.jpg]
[Image: KLRfb8S.jpg]

24 5,910
 03-08-2016, 06:00 AM
User Info
Are those repurposed filing cabinets Clais?

31 8,057