03-01-2016, 06:36 AM
User Info
Hi.  My name is Randall and I have razor handle acquisition disorder.  

It started innocently enough when I gazed lovingly but did not purchase a handle from Cooncat Bob's site (which I still regret).  My first acquisition was a first-generation Tradere handle.  Superb.  Gateway drug, I suppose.  From there, I acquired my first UFO, a custom Kaiser (longer than the Kaiser short, shorter than the regular Kaiser, and wider than either).  Thereafter, I acquired, not necessarily in this order, an iKon bulldog, an iKon wave, a Tradere second generation, a RazoRock stealth, a UFO Titan Fine L, and finally a UFO Kaiser short.  

I sold the iKon bulldog, the Tradere first generation, and the RazoRock stealth, but still have all the others.  My favorites are the UFOs.  Can't choose among them.  Like choosing your favorite child; I love them all.  

Let's hear your stories.  How many after-market handles have you acquired?  Which are your favorites?

2 1,459
 03-01-2016, 08:17 AM
User Info
I suppose I should post a picture and if I can get to it I will....but I have a lot of handles going back to BRW, UFO, Triad, Elite, Ikon, and others that I acquired through purchase or trade. The artisan handles are my favorite. The most comfortable is an aluminum wave type from a maker who only did about 4-5 of them. Perfect weight and just fits the hand. BRW's are heavy and pair nicely with the vintage Gillette News. Bob even used mostly News when he sold complete razors with handle and head separately. Of course he used the same type of handle for the two piece Progress he offered. I have had several UFO's and have kept one....a Titanium Fine. Probably the best workmanship. Hempel makes a great handle and his titanium wave is very comfortable. Triad (Toby Sooter) in my opinion is the most creative and experimental. He is/was always doing something interesting in terms of design and of the highest quality. Probably wanted a life so he is controlling production so as not to be besieged with special orders. His work is just sensational. My second favorite handle is a Triad aluminum at about 90mm with finger cutouts on four sides. Very easy to hold. I will include a photo of the aluminum wave I like so much on a Krect Spiral Curve slant.I move the handle around to other heads as well. Have about 30+ handles all told.

[Image: LNuL4RF.jpg]

a BRW handle on a Gillette New

[Image: f18EWno.jpg]

54 324
 03-01-2016, 10:01 AM
User Info
Pils is my sole razor...
sold my BBS1, Wolfman, ATT S1, ATT S2
gave away 2 Gillettes, Muhle R41, Feather AS-D2, Feather AS-D1, 4 Ikons, Fatip
a lot of good blades, too many to mention...

36 892
 03-01-2016, 12:15 PM
User Info
jack, the thread is about razor HANDLES, not about razors

2 1,459
 03-01-2016, 12:42 PM
User Info
I have the RHAD so bad I cannot even read!

36 892
 03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
User Info
Ok so I have had a good nights sleep and am ready to discuss my RHAD...
I sold off handles to the razors mentioned above and then some...Jurgen Hempel, gave away (did keep 1) a Doug Korn handle to a nephew,
I might have handle sobriety now...Pils is my daily driver.

36 892