03-01-2016, 10:16 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
For your consideration are a couple straight razors and three uncommon DE razors. Regarding the straights, I do not shave with straight razors but bought these over a decade ago thinking I might eventually give it a try. I had them restored and honed a couple years ago, but never got around to using them. I have little people in my house now and worry about having these around, so I'd like to sell them. If my prices seem off, please let me know. Prices include shipping in the US. Paypal only please.

SOLD Henckels Friodur - there are a couple tiny spots of discoloration on one side of the blade. $40

SOLD Boker Extra Hollow Ground "Finest India Steel" with original scales. Has some minor discoloration of the blade where it contacts the scales. $40

[Image: Straights.jpg]

[Image: Straights2.jpg]

DEs:

3. Vintage Merkur Progress with Bakelite base plate. This is in solid shape, but user grade because of several flaws. There is a hairline crack in the baseplate that extends to the handle. It is stable and difficult to see. It does not affect the function of the razor. The other is a hairline crack in the handle, similar to so many other vintage razors. This also has been stable while in my possession. The part of the head piece on which the blade rests (covered by the top cap) has some flea bites in the chrome. This is not visible when the razor is assembled. Finally, there is a little loss of red paint on numbers 2 and 3 on the knob. $40

[Image: VProgress1.jpg]

[Image: VProgress2.jpg]

[Image: VProgress4.jpg]

[Image: VProgress5.jpg]

4. Essor vintage open comb DE - this is a hefty 3-piece French razor that takes standard blades. It provides a fairly aggressive shave. The razor is in very good shape and includes a metal case. The case is made of fairly thin metal and has some dents in it. $75

SOLD. Palmera vintage open comb DE - this is another hefty 3-piece razor that I have not encountered on the forums. The handle is very solid, and has a nice design. The case and razor are both in very good condition. The razor is plated brass, and there are a few spots of plate loss on the combs on one side and at the base of the handle. This is another fairly aggressive shaver. $75

[Image: Palmera1.jpg]

[Image: Palmera3.jpg]

[Image: Palmera2.jpg]

Thanks for looking.

43 1,699
 03-01-2016, 10:19 AM
User Info
PM sent :-)

Chris
Texas

2 16
 03-01-2016, 11:01 AM