03-03-2016, 09:09 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I just tried Institut Karit, one of those soaps on my long list of products to try and never have. Well, I did and yes, it's a nice performer. But like the rock song 'OOOOOOOOOOOOh that smell'. It's not bad, but it smells like-soap. I mean, laundry soap of that vague semi sweet pink goo left in the community washroom smell. I wont be using it again, although the shave was nice enough. And I thought about so many other soaps that fall short in the olfactory department. I love Klars and Dittmars. But they have this Prussian military attitude of 'scent? You want scent go to
the cabaret filled with sweet smelling men smiling shyly at you. We are here to goosestep over the whiskers'. It's not that hard. I love the under  -stated elegance of MWF and Mystic Waters is like those old 60s headshops with black light posters of Jimi Hendrix, Ravi Shankar playing a raga
on the cassette tape and some heavenly incense with a weird name you haven't come across in OMG it's been how many years? I'm excited about the LE Brutalt. I've been in Spruce forests and the known quality of the soap and this scent should be fantastic. I will play NORWEGIAN WOOD when I get some. So I guess I am spoiled. Or could it be these  artisan folks have raised the bar- or should I say the smell?

2 3,171
 03-03-2016, 09:35 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
I do not have the soap but do have the ASB, and while the performance is great, the scent is a cheap plastic drugstore rose. That's been noted by others here and there. Semi sweet pink goo? Yeah, that's it.

If you're looking for a good rose, look elsewhere sir!

Cheers, Steve

7 466
 03-03-2016, 09:42 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
The IK soap always smelled a bit like baby powder to me.

46 18,073
 03-03-2016, 10:00 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I can handle baby powder. It's when baby  overwhelms powder I run.

2 3,171
 03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
(03-03-2016, 10:00 PM)kav Wrote: I can handle baby powder. It's when baby  overwhelms powder I run.

Lol

Cheers, Steve

7 466
 03-03-2016, 10:45 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(03-03-2016, 10:00 PM)kav Wrote: I can handle baby powder. It's when baby  overwhelms powder I run.

Biggrin

46 18,073
 03-04-2016, 06:25 AM
User Info
This description of the soap is what kept me from trying it for quite some time.

EDIT: Props to the OP for the Lynyrd Skynyrd reference.

1 468