07-20-2012, 08:43 AM
User Info
Hi,

Introductions are a bit hard for me so I'll be copy/pasting a bit from an earlier intro I posted on another forum some while ago. Doesn't mean I'm lazy, just that it was a decent intro.

My name is Mobin Ul Haque which I usually write Mobin Haque. I live in Rawalpindi, Pakistan... its a 10 minutes drive from Islamabad, nation's capital. Ever since I crossed 35 yrs, I've become a bit sensitive about my age and its been a few years since then so lets just leave it at that. I have been shaving with a DE since 2008 but made the (very) belated move to wet shaving proper about a year ago.

I was converted to wet shaving by LeasureGuy Michael Ham. He recommended that I join ShaveNook. I stumbled upon his blog by chance and subscribed because I found his political views interesting. Buy luckily, he posted a lot about classic shaving as well and gradually got to me. I thanked him for this and I'd like to quote here from that post:

Quote:I’ve been reading your blog for almost 2 years now, stumbled upon your site when I googled reviews for the then new Gillette Fusion, read your gourmet shave article and was hooked on safety razors, haven’t used my mach3 since nor even looked at any iterations thereof. There was cosiderable bloodletting in the begining but I’ve gotten the hang of it now. Its strange how small trivial things can enhance your life, atleast that recurring moment when you experience it, life’s repetitious enough as it is, and the only time I truly spent focusing at my face everyday was lost to gillette convenience.
I am 35 now and things and new experiences don’t excite me or hold my fascination as well and long as they did 10 years ago, but you have helped make my life a bit better… permanently, Previously shaves were a chore which always left me wondering about razor burns, now its a pleasure, I wouldn’t know about classic shaving making me look good but it sure does make me feel great. Its amazing the number of variations you can try with a simple safety razor, the strokes, handling the grain and all within 10 minutes.

I have found wet shaving to be a profound, personally satisfying experience. Never knew something so seemingly trivial could give so much. My daily 45 minutes of Zen.

I started out with a Treet delrin razor, moved on to a Treet TTO. Now, my collection of razors has grown somewhat, my favorites being EJ89, a Superspeed and a Kiwi Old Type open comb.

In blades, I currently use Gillette Goal, Yellows, Reds, Greens and Blues, Voskhod, Rapira Stainless, Rapira Lux Platinum, Ladas, Derby, Bic Chrome Platinum, Supermax Super Platinum, Feather, Lord Super Stainless, Big Ben, Bolzano Superinox, Super Iridum, Treet Platinum..Silver..Classic..Black Beauty..Falcon..Durasharp.

My favorite brushes are Omega boars, also own a Semogue, a Tweezerman (great value), a vulfix, hoping to acquire a Simpson soon.

I own too much software. In creams, almost the entire TOBS collection, Omega, Proraso, Erasmic, Lord Emufresh, Gillette Lebanese menthol and lime, Hatric, Supermax Ultimate, Nivea sensitive, Florena chamomile and aloe-vera and more I can't remember now.

In soaps, I own Culmak, various Razorock, Cella, VDH luxury scented, Mon Savon, La Cigale, Tabac and some more.

I hope to learn at the forum and also share the feeble experience I have acquired so far in the pursuit of this wonderful endeavor.

0 54
 07-20-2012, 08:50 AM
User Info
Welcome Mobin. Didn't I read elsewhere that you sometimes get to the states or am I incorrect?

5 298
 07-20-2012, 08:50 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
Welcome to the Nook!

45 3,955
 07-20-2012, 08:57 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
Mobin, welcome to The Shave Nook.

173 23,480
 07-20-2012, 08:58 AM
User Info
Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, you need a Simpson brush. Everyone does.

183 12,002
 07-20-2012, 09:05 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Welcome Mobin to The Shave Nook.

100 12,436
 07-20-2012, 09:09 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Hello Mobin. I am familiar with you from other forums and am glad that you found us here. Jump on in, the water's fine!

45 16,270
 07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
  • MickToley
  • Hi, I'm Mike and I'm a shave soap addict
  • Brooklyn, NY
User Info
Mobin, welcome to The Shave Nook. Biggrin

10 1,120
 07-20-2012, 09:26 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
Welcome Aboard the Nook!

9 1,684
 07-20-2012, 09:39 AM
User Info
Welcome to the forum, Mobin. i hope you enjoy your time here.

75 20,884
 07-20-2012, 10:47 AM
User Info
Welcome aboard!

12 1,243
 07-20-2012, 11:28 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Welcome, Mobin!

3 2,561
 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
  • Howler
  • A calamophile and vintage razor lover
  • Fort Smith AR
User Info
Hello and welcome to the Nook.

1 3,507
 07-20-2012, 01:13 PM
User Info
Thanks for the very warm welcome and the kind, thoughtful remarks. I feel at home already.

(07-20-2012, 08:50 AM)oakeshott Wrote: Welcome Mobin. Didn't I read elsewhere that you sometimes get to the states or am I incorrect?

Yes, often. Couldn't visit this year due to work, my wife just came back with a very, very, very large bag of goodies I had her order there Biggrin

(07-20-2012, 08:58 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, you need a Simpson brush. Everyone does.

Hopefully very soon.

(07-20-2012, 09:09 AM)bullgoose Wrote: Hello Mobin. I am familiar with you from other forums and am glad that you found us here. Jump on in, the water's fine!

Thank you Phil. Its great to be among civic minded adults who share my passion for the finer things in life. It feels good to be in a place where I don't feel any undue restrictions on my words.

(07-20-2012, 09:39 AM)celestino Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Mobin. i hope you enjoy your time here.

Thank you, I'm having a blast already Thumbup

0 54
 07-20-2012, 01:19 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(07-20-2012, 01:13 PM)Oblique Human Wrote: Thanks for the very warm welcome and the kind, thoughtful remarks. I feel at home already.

(07-20-2012, 08:50 AM)oakeshott Wrote: Welcome Mobin. Didn't I read elsewhere that you sometimes get to the states or am I incorrect?

Yes, often. Couldn't visit this year due to work, my wife just came back with a very, very, very large bag of goodies I had her order there Biggrin

(07-20-2012, 08:58 AM)churchilllafemme Wrote: Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes, you need a Simpson brush. Everyone does.

Hopefully very soon.

(07-20-2012, 09:09 AM)bullgoose Wrote: Hello Mobin. I am familiar with you from other forums and am glad that you found us here. Jump on in, the water's fine!

Thank you Phil. Its great to be among civic minded adults who share my passion for the finer things in life. It feels good to be in a place where I don't feel any undue restrictions on my words.

(07-20-2012, 09:39 AM)celestino Wrote: Welcome to the forum, Mobin. i hope you enjoy your time here.

Thank you, I'm having a blast already Thumbup

There are a couple of nice creams from Pakistan such as Touchme and Gypsy. Is the Gypsy cream still in production?

3 2,561
 07-20-2012, 01:24 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Welcome to The Shave Nook, Mobin, and enjoy your stay. Smile

2 11,211
 07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
User Info
(07-20-2012, 01:19 PM)JAYDEE Wrote: There are a couple of nice creams from Pakistan such as Touchme and Gypsy. Is the Gypsy cream still in production?

Yes Jeff, I think I've seen it on the shelves. There is also a line of Admiral creams, Omega (comes in a blue tube) and plenty others. Ironically, I have never had a chance to use any of the local creams. I have too much products as is. Will take me sometime to properly sample what I already own. I had the complete new Razorock lineup in the cart including the mudder and nervous wreck but my wife missed Joe's vacation deadline and the next person coming in from Canada isn't due till this September. So I'll have to do with my present Razorock collection tell then.

Next time a friend or relative visits Canada, I'll send over a selection of local creams for you.

0 54
 07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
User Info
Hello and welcome! Nice to have you here! Cool

2 5,527
 07-20-2012, 06:14 PM
User Info
As-Salamu Alaykum Mobin,

Welcome to the Nook. You will love this forum, great mods and admin team, friendly members, and plenty of informative post.

Jump right and enjoy the forum.

5 833
 07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
  • uncledave
  • Returned to DE Shaving After 40 years
  • Kentucky, USA
User Info
Welcome to the Nook! We're glad to have you.

0 396