• Encinitas, CA
User Info
Looks like a great way to get cut.

40 793
 07-21-2016, 01:54 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(07-02-2016, 07:28 AM)EricM Wrote: Looks like a great way to get cut.

another reason I use an old pair of jeans instead of my palms.

7 2,141
 10-26-2016, 01:37 AM
  • tof
User Info
Teach me something.  Why not use a leather strop?

1 49
 10-26-2016, 04:02 AM
User Info
(10-26-2016, 01:37 AM)tof Wrote: Teach me something.  Why not use a leather strop?

That would also work, as would a pair of jeans.  However, any DE shavers who don't also use a straight would probaby not have a strop.

40 4,260
 02-13-2017, 11:20 AM
User Info
maybe i am going to say this because i come from straights, but, nobody is going to get cut.  you use the blade to cut the hair in your face. you are not afraid of it.  i don't get how can anybody be afraid of being cut doing this.  well, thats why i put the lock of the bathroom door. jejeje... common sense:  just be careful.  

great post.  good to know...

0 368
 02-17-2017, 07:01 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
(02-13-2017, 11:20 AM)carlospppena Wrote: maybe i am going to say this because i come from straights, but, nobody is going to get cut.  you use the blade to cut the hair in your face. you are not afraid of it.  i don't get how can anybody be afraid of being cut doing this.  well, thats why i put the lock of the bathroom door. jejeje... common sense:  just be careful.  

Because, my friend, when you've lived as long as I have you find out that anything can happen. Even things that seem improbable or even impossible. It's not a matter of being afraid of it happening, it's about being aware that it could. Being aware of everything and having a plan of action to avoid it and for it, even a plan that takes two seconds to conceive is the best way to go through life. Everything I do I consider "what's the worst that can happen? no matter how unlikely" and I proceed accordingly.

7 2,141
 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM
User Info
(02-17-2017, 07:01 AM)Mouser Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 11:20 AM)carlospppena Wrote: maybe i am going to say this because i come from straights, but, nobody is going to get cut.  you use the blade to cut the hair in your face. you are not afraid of it.  i don't get how can anybody be afraid of being cut doing this.  well, thats why i put the lock of the bathroom door. jejeje... common sense:  just be careful.  

Because, my friend, when you've lived as long as I have you find out that anything can happen. Even things that seem improbable or even impossible. It's not a matter of being afraid of it happening, it's about being aware that it could. Being aware of everything and having a plan of action to avoid it and for it, even a plan that takes two seconds to conceive is the best way to go through life. Everything I do I consider "what's the worst that can happen? no matter how unlikely" and I proceed accordingly.

Dear Mouser;

With respect, how many of your jeans have you accidentally cut with a blade?

Being careful is one thing. Being afraid i another. Wasnt that what we were talking about?

Anyway, to all his own.

Best regards,

Pepon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 368
 02-18-2017, 08:07 AM
User Info
(02-17-2017, 08:46 AM)carlospppena Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 07:01 AM)Mouser Wrote:

Dear Mouser;

With respect, how many of your jeans have you accidentally cut with a blade?

Being careful is one thing. Being afraid i another. Wasnt that what we were talking about?

Anyway, to all his own.

Best regards,

Pepon

I have been using hand stropping for sometime now. It's not difficult at all and way less hazardous than some may assume it to be.

As for cutting clothes is considered I have wasted 4 of my newly bought vests to strop in less than 10 days ever since I started using a Shavette. My bad. Too casual to use a towel for it, instead...

0 558
 02-18-2017, 10:32 AM
User Info
Hilarious!

0 368
 02-18-2017, 10:38 AM
  • Mouser
User Info
I'm focusing too much on the safety question and that was never why I started stropping them on jeans. I do it because it somehow seems like it would be more effective.  But to answer the question,  I've never cut a pair of jeans doing it, yet. But you may never have been in a car accident but I'm sure you still drive carefully and don't take unnecessary risks. I'm not putting stropping a DE blade up there with driving a car other than to make a point.

7 2,141
 02-18-2017, 10:49 AM
User Info
You are absolutely right, my friend! I agree 100%.

0 368
 02-26-2017, 09:04 AM
User Info
(07-02-2016, 07:24 AM)dustmite Wrote: I use a slightly modified technique, using the inside of my forearm. I strop my blades before the first use, then every other shave. I get 6 really good shaves using Feather blades with this method.

Without stropping you'll probably only get a half dozen really good shaves.

0 8