0 650
 03-07-2016, 05:52 PM
User Info
Yes! ETA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 160
 03-07-2016, 06:11 PM
User Info
AC type shavette blades like for the Cobra/Mongoose or traditional width GEM PTFE/ Feather FHS like for vintage SE's and the OneBlade?

2 308
 03-07-2016, 06:17 PM
User Info
Interesting. I'll look forward to seeing how this changes.

31 8,057
 03-07-2016, 06:19 PM
User Info
(03-07-2016, 06:11 PM)Len Wrote: AC type shavette blades like for the Cobra/Mongoose or traditional width GEM PTFE/ Feather FHS like for vintage SE's and the OneBlade?

I believe that iKon has said in the past that it would be for the AC type blades. From the looks of this I would think it is also.

31 8,057
 03-07-2016, 07:02 PM
User Info
(03-07-2016, 06:19 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 06:11 PM)Len Wrote: AC type shavette blades like for the Cobra/Mongoose or traditional width GEM PTFE/ Feather FHS like for vintage SE's and the OneBlade?

I believe that iKon has said in the past that it would be for the AC type blades. From the looks of this I would think it is also.

The AC shavette market seems to be getting a little flooded. ATT and Bullgoose with their own shavette bladed razors coming this year also supposedly.

Not that I'm complaining, but I would like to see more new SE's take traditional width blades (GEM PTFE and Feather FHS), as the size makes these more nimble and maneuverable. So far, OneBlade is it, but word is Colonial Razors has plans for a GEM backed razor.

Exciting times for sure, and it's great to hear a respected name like iKon get into the SE world!

2 308
 03-07-2016, 07:15 PM
User Info
Anyone besides crowd funding people working on injector razors?

I've seen the Bunny razor but wouldn't ever expect it to be widely available.

I'd like to have something available in traditional width blades as well.

I couldn't get the knack of the Mongoose.

Oh yeah, hope this is coming in stainless!

9 1,411
 03-08-2016, 01:27 AM
  • MPH
  • UK
User Info
I would hope a final product would look somewhat less like the mongoose.

I was quite excited to see what they came up with, but that doesn't look different enough to justify buying, as I already have a 'goose and love it.

Of course it's only just a first impression so it can all change!! Will be watching with interest. :-)

1 178
 03-08-2016, 04:00 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
A Mongoose copy? They share almost the same head, I don't see any innovation.

49 1,999
 03-08-2016, 05:50 AM
User Info
Noticed on FB. Great looking head.

121 13,123
 03-08-2016, 05:51 AM
User Info
(03-07-2016, 07:02 PM)Len Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 06:19 PM)SharpSpine Wrote:

The AC shavette market seems to be getting a little flooded. ATT and Bullgoose with their own shavette bladed razors coming this year also supposedly.

Not that I'm complaining, but I would like to see more new SE's take traditional width blades (GEM PTFE and Feather FHS), as the size makes these more nimble and maneuverable. So far, OneBlade is it, but word is Colonial Razors has plans for a GEM backed razor.

Exciting times for sure, and it's great to hear a respected name like iKon get into the SE world!

I agree that the AC blade market is getting a bit crowded. I'm also excited for Colonial Razors to bring out their razor for the regular GEM blades. However, that won't happen until they get their AC blade razor out as well. 

It's an exciting time for SE razors right now. I hope to see more innovation as new razors get designed and brought to market.

31 8,057
 03-08-2016, 05:56 AM
User Info
Yes, it does look like a Goose Head, just with little modification ?

1 31
 03-08-2016, 06:31 AM
User Info
To me it looks just like the RazoRock Hawk prototype, which I do like the looks of, a little better than the Mongoose or Alumigoose 2.  
I was however hoping that iKon would offer up an Open Comb design, seeing as no one else has yet done so.  
Unless I'm mistaken, the last open comb single edge razor made was the Gem MMOC, which went out of production in the late 1940's.
Instead, it looks like what we're going to get from Greg is just a slightly different looking Mongoose copy.  I'm disappointed.

Roy

12 195
 03-08-2016, 06:52 AM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
Always exciting to consider a new razor purchase. Regardless of any similarities to other razors using the exact same blade the shave characteristics are unknown. I do see some interesting touches in the design and will certainly give it a try.

59 4,496
 03-08-2016, 07:12 AM
User Info
I've spent a lot of time working on a three-piece SE design. You might be surprised to find out that due to the blade and screw there isn't a whole lot of room for interesting design. Every iteration I cooked up wound up being a 'goose clone no matter how hard I tried so I abandoned it. Point being, it probably isn't a copy of the Mongoose, but to make a three-piece AC SE is to make something very similar to Mongoose by the very nature of the endeavor. I bet the second DE manufacturer caught flak for "copying" Gillette, too.

0 643
 03-08-2016, 07:17 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 07:12 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote: I've spent a lot of time working on a three-piece SE design. You might be surprised to find out that due to the blade and screw there isn't a whole lot of room for interesting design. Every iteration I cooked up wound up being a 'goose clone no matter how hard I tried so I abandoned it. Point being, it probably isn't a copy of the Mongoose, but to make a three-piece AC SE is to make something very similar to Mongoose by the very nature of the endeavor. I bet the second DE manufacturer caught flak for "copying" Gillette, too.

Very well said Shane, I was thinks the exact same thing. There's only so much room for innovation with the 3 piece SE design. The thing that this will do hopefully is introduce more competition and maybe a lower price point

80 947
 03-08-2016, 08:13 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 07:17 AM)lestorfreemon Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 07:12 AM)Blackland Razors Wrote: I've spent a lot of time working on a three-piece SE design. You might be surprised to find out that due to the blade and screw there isn't a whole lot of room for interesting design. Every iteration I cooked up wound up being a 'goose clone no matter how hard I tried so I abandoned it. Point being, it probably isn't a copy of the Mongoose, but to make a three-piece AC SE is to make something very similar to Mongoose by the very nature of the endeavor. I bet the second DE manufacturer caught flak for "copying" Gillette, too.

Very well said Shane, I was thinks the exact same thing. There's only so much room for innovation with the 3 piece SE design. The thing that this will do hopefully is introduce more competition and maybe a lower price point

+1 It seems there are only so many ways to efficiently hold an AC SE blade.

74 2,274
 03-08-2016, 08:22 AM
User Info
It will definitely be a Shavecraft inspired head. Probably sintered aluminum and a new designed handle. I bet this razor is at least a year away or longer. I am also thinking in the $75 range.

121 13,123
 03-08-2016, 09:58 AM
User Info
I don't get all the disappointment here. It's the first draft.

I trust the guys that make razors for a living. If they say a 3 piece AC razor is gonna be a goose then I guess it's gotta be a goose. Razors can look the same to me. Until I get it in my hand and see how it shaves I will not pass judgement. 

It's not like we can go to the razor store and buy a bunch of different SE razors and compare them now anyway. Ikon keep doing what your doing.

0 127