03-08-2016, 05:56 AM
User Info
Now down to these soaps and creams, which I could not get rid of........

[Image: 2Ey2ti5.jpg]
[Image: 78dIFAt.jpg]
[Image: PSHQ0Wb.jpg]

My rotation for next month......
[Image: bvTFfAN.jpg]

24 5,838
 03-08-2016, 05:59 AM
User Info
Not using the Nuàvia twins yet?

31 8,054
 03-08-2016, 06:13 AM
User Info
I've slowly gotten rid of over half my soaps. Down to around 20. Got a few more I will probably part with as well. Just trying to get down to a handful that I know are best of the bunch and plan to replace once gone. Not getting rid of my splashes though. Now at 61 bottles. Some I will replace once gone.

147 3,459
 03-08-2016, 06:16 AM
User Info
Here's my early 2016 status report:

In Use:

* Barrister & Mann Seville
* Cella 1/4 brick
* CRSW Select V1 Puro Fresco
* C&S No. 88
* Irisch Moos stick
* Klar Seifen Classic
* La Savonniere du Moulin
* Mitchell's Wool Fat
* Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender
* Mystic Water Lilac
* Mystic Water Frankincense & Myrrh
* PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
* Wickham's English Rose

Unused:

* Barrister & Mann Latha Tiega
* Castle Forbe's Lime
* Dapper Dragon Black Dragon
* Haslinger Sandalholz
* Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
* Mystic Water Vetiver & Oakmoss Stick
* Palmolive EU stick (refill)
* Pitralon F
* Sapone di Paolo Agrume
* Tabac (refill)
* SCS B&B Soap For Hope 2015 Rose

38 1,159
 03-08-2016, 06:17 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
It's always nice to see gear photos, especially if these gears are well organized. 

As I said some days ago, I managed to downsize my den thanks to some fellow wet shavers here in TSN and I'm thankful for that. I didn't need all of these, I was sure that I couldn't use all of them, but again I have too many, as you, I can't get rid of. I kept those I really enjoy and this is what matters to me.

49 1,938
 03-08-2016, 06:49 AM
User Info
Wow, that's a huge collection!  I recently started Wet Shaving earlier this year, fully committed this time, and thought I was building up quite a collection.  My collection is nothing compared to you guys!  I talked with another forum member and he had over 400 plus soaps!  I love trying new soaps but I will have to stay more disciplined and set up a rotation for the month like you indicated in your post above.  I have some soaps that I havent even used yet that I purchased over a month ago!

21 159
 03-08-2016, 08:17 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 05:59 AM)SharpSpine Wrote: Not using the Nuàvia twins yet?

It's Proraso Red March for me....... Smile

(03-08-2016, 06:17 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
It's always nice to see gear photos, especially if these gears are well organized. 

As I said some days ago, I managed to downsize my den thanks to some fellow wet shavers here in TSN and I'm thankful for that. I didn't need all of these, I was sure that I couldn't use all of them, but again I have too many, as you, I can't get rid of. I kept those I really enjoy and this is what matters to me.

Thanks, I would like to get it even better organized, but it's hard to have these soaps balance on top of each other.
In the back row, you can only see the 6 Savon de Volcans Bon Berger, the 6 white plastic pots, but in reality there is 50-60 soaps on the back row, but to avoid them all from falling I try to stuff them tight together. Wish there was a better way to display them though.....

(03-08-2016, 06:49 AM)rodzilla1126 Wrote: Wow, that's a huge collection!  I recently started Wet Shaving earlier this year, fully committed this time, and thought I was building up quite a collection.  My collection is nothing compared to you guys!  I talked with another forum member and he had over 400 plus soaps!  I love trying new soaps but I will have to stay more disciplined and set up a rotation for the month like you indicated in your post above.  I have some soaps that I havent even used yet that I purchased over a month ago!

400+ soaps is a LOT of soaps, I'm now down to 200-250 creams and soaps total in my den.
I must admit I fear some of my creams will either dry out or turn bad before I even get to use them......

24 5,838
 03-08-2016, 08:20 AM
User Info
It's difficult not to purchase a new artisan soap that smells great and is mentioned in the forum. I see that you are a fan of Caties Bubbles as I am. I have 4 of her soaps, recently purchasing the Ocean Grove scent which I fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 159
 03-08-2016, 10:05 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I've been on a self-imposed soap buying restraint.  It's not that I won't buy any soaps as I'm always on a buying spree for good vintage soaps, it's just that I no longer will use soaps to fill out an order for free freight, nor will I allow myself to be tempted by a new release or new artisan.  I have accepted the fact that I am going to miss out on some pretty spectacular soaps and scents, but I am also missing out on the ones that I have already purchased!  I have about two dozen soaps in rotation upstairs in my Master Bathroom, plus two drawers full of (mostly vintage) soaps in my shaving tool box. 

[Image: Z1NA5fa.jpg][Image: QGmfspn.jpg]

These pictures are from last year and there has been some turnover so just imagine a lot more vintage and a lot less modern.

139 2,676
 03-08-2016, 10:19 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 10:05 AM)blzrfn Wrote: I've been on a self-imposed soap buying restraint.  It's not that I won't buy any soaps as I'm always on a buying spree for good vintage soaps, it's just that I no longer will use soaps to fill out an order for free freight, nor will I allow myself to be tempted by a new release or new artisan.  I have accepted the fact that I am going to miss out on some pretty spectacular soaps and scents, but I am also missing out on the ones that I have already purchased!  I have about two dozen soaps in rotation upstairs in my Master Bathroom, plus two drawers full of (mostly vintage) soaps in my shaving tool box. 

I'm doing the same thing you're doing, just on a lesser scale.  After trying out different soaps and scents I was up to 40 soaps last year and felt I was missing out on using my favorites as I have too many so I sold those that I don't enjoy and ended up with 30, all of which I enjoy but about 20 of which will not be re-stocked.  I'm down to 26 soaps now and use one soap 5-6 days a week until it's gone in an effort to reduce the inventory.  I might buy a soap or 2 this year but I'm now less tempted to buy just based on the reviews but who knows how long I can resist.

16 457
 03-08-2016, 10:54 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 08:20 AM)rodzilla1126 Wrote: It's difficult not to purchase a new artisan soap that smells great and is mentioned in the forum.  I see that you are a fan of Caties Bubbles as I am.  I have 4 of her soaps, recently purchasing the Ocean Grove scent which I fabulous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got 8 Caties, but if you look at the row behind, where you see the 6 white plastic pots (6 x Savon de Volcans bon berger)  on the back top, under there, hidden behind for middle row, you will find 10 Cold River Soap Works, 12 Barrister & Mann, 10 Mondial, 14 Meißner Tremonia & 10 DR Harris  Smile 
But I definitely enjoy Caties soaps, think they are great.

Also own Ocean Grove, a nice aquatic scent.

Just got LPV, Purple Grapefruit and Irish Coffee, great scents......

24 5,838
 03-08-2016, 10:56 AM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 10:05 AM)blzrfn Wrote: I've been on a self-imposed soap buying restraint.  It's not that I won't buy any soaps as I'm always on a buying spree for good vintage soaps, it's just that I no longer will use soaps to fill out an order for free freight, nor will I allow myself to be tempted by a new release or new artisan.  I have accepted the fact that I am going to miss out on some pretty spectacular soaps and scents, but I am also missing out on the ones that I have already purchased!  I have about two dozen soaps in rotation upstairs in my Master Bathroom, plus two drawers full of (mostly vintage) soaps in my shaving tool box. 

These pictures are from last year and there has been some turnover so just imagine a lot more vintage and a lot less modern.

Very nice organized, Hector !!
Great collection !!

24 5,838
 03-08-2016, 10:57 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(03-08-2016, 10:56 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:

Great collection !!
Thank you, but please feel free to call me Dave.

139 2,676
 03-08-2016, 12:41 PM
User Info
I went through a phase of wanting, buying, and hoarding anything going. Fortunately, this was before the soap scene became saturated with regular new 'artisan' introduction. The time it took to use up just one 50g soap stick made me realise that I was sitting on a preposterous amount of soap. Since then I have managed to sell and PIF my way down to the following:

Open
La Toja stick
Martin de Candre
Palmolive Classic stick
Rexell Menthol foam
Tabac soap

Unused
Haslinger Coconut
La Savonnière du Moulin
Palmolive Classic stick [several]

0 143
 03-08-2016, 01:54 PM
User Info
Interesting. I've got some main groupings consisting of CRSW, Mike's, Catie's Bubbles, SC, Stirling, and Reef Point - with a few one-offs like cella and DR Harris. Good to see Catie's getting some love. I get solid shaves from their soaps, and they make some of my favorite scents (Irish Coffee, Spanish Holiday).

I tend to only keep things use, so no orphaned soaps for me.

26 982
 03-08-2016, 02:56 PM
User Info
I've never owned more than 20-25 soaps/creams at a time, but even so I've considerably reduced my inventory to the following:
  • B&M Roam (current jar <50%, but I preordered 2 more jars)
  • B&M Solarion (unused)
  • MW Sensitive Skin (my current 3017 soap)
  • Bufflehead Audubon (<50%)
  • CB Inspirazione di Parma
  • RR SMdF
  • IB Amici (unused)
  • SdM Scented (unused)
  • Strop Shoppe LE Via dell'Ambra (unused)
  • La Toja shave stick
  • Palmolive shave stick

15 1,018
 03-08-2016, 03:33 PM
User Info
(03-08-2016, 10:57 AM)blzrfn Wrote:
(03-08-2016, 10:56 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:

Great collection !!
Thank you, but please feel free to call me Dave.

Sorry about that, Dave !!

24 5,838
 03-08-2016, 04:00 PM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
It's a lucky thing for you guys that I cannot show pictures of my Den because you would think that I'm a freak from a sideshow. I have stuff literally all over my house!

3 2,626
 03-08-2016, 04:33 PM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
(03-08-2016, 03:33 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Sorry about that, Dave !!

No problem Claus, part of me took it as a compliment.   Tongue

139 2,676
 03-08-2016, 04:45 PM
User Info
I went through that phase but got sick of the clutter. Now I keep about 6-8 soaps around for variety and if one comes in one goes out. Same for brushes and razors, Life is to short to hoard or collect anymore at my age.

0 32