07-20-2012, 09:23 AM
User Info
I just received my first puck of MdC but I ordered the small 50 gm jar and had trouble loading my brush. I had to go back to the jar for the 3 rd pass. What is the best way to load my brush with this small jar? I imagine as I get closer to the bottom I will have to remove the soap from the jar. Thanks in advance

0 156
 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
User Info
i have only lathered from the full tub, but do have a small unscented (haven't used yet).

i'd transfer the small travel tub to a pyrex or similar (empty shave cream jar if you have) and you will find it loads much easier with full swirls.

i do this wiht most of my small/midsize samples (qcs, mw etc).

load it for about 15sec or so (not the 2sec you hear about, but definetely shorter load time then most soaps).

let us know how it goes, i love mine.

8 2,718
 07-20-2012, 09:39 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Transfer it to a different container. MdC is very "malleable" stuff, so this should be easy to do.

43 1,690
 07-20-2012, 11:22 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Check this : Martin de Candre shaving soap. du212 is using the small jar like yours and doesnt have any problem with the loading of the Semogue 1800 shaving brush.

86 7,123
 07-20-2012, 12:12 PM
User Info
(07-20-2012, 11:22 AM)Teiste Wrote: Check this : Martin de Candre shaving soap. du212 is using the small jar like yours and doesnt have any problem with the loading of the Semogue 1800 shaving brush.

Wow! Thanks for that link. Extremely helpful. I will try again but may go with what others have said and transfer it to an empty soap bowl.

0 156
 07-20-2012, 12:51 PM
User Info
I didn't buy the small size, but I certainly agree that what you're experiencing could be a problem. In fact, when I saw the size I questioned how it would be lathered.

32 6,309
 07-20-2012, 06:48 PM
User Info
(07-20-2012, 09:39 AM)Andrew Wrote: Transfer it to a different container. MdC is very "malleable" stuff, so this should be easy to do.

+1

75 20,883
 07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
  • MaxP
  • Madison, WI
User Info
So, I'll say also what others have said.

Move it to a larger container. It's just too good to not get the full benefit of such a fine product.

47 1,378
 07-20-2012, 07:01 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Bigger container or a smaller brush... Sounds to me like the perfect excuse to buy a Wee Scot! Tongue

91 17,851
 07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
User Info
(07-20-2012, 07:01 PM)ben74 Wrote: Bigger container or a smaller brush... Sounds to me like the perfect excuse to buy a Wee Scot! Tongue

never thought of using a smaller brush for the OP, but i bet the CASE would work with that container too. i use the CASE with travel sized soaps containers all the time.

good thinking ben. Biggrin

8 2,718
 07-22-2012, 10:18 AM
User Info
Transferring to another container is the first step I suggest. You can always vary your brush size once you have it in larger container. I think you will find that it is a fantastic soap.

29 1,731
 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
A little bit off topic but still pertaining to MDC, does anyone know if MDC is commonly available in retail outlets in France or is it limited to their shop only for retail?

The reason I was wondering is that I have a friend going to France in October and thought I'd have him bring some back to the states for me if it sn't too much trouble for him. However, while he will be shopping quite heavily for colognes and EDT's (we are both into fragrances) I don't want him to have to go very far out of his way to find MDC just for my benefit. I think most of his shopping in Paris, an concentrated fragrance district area called the "Left Bank" or something like that. Can anyone mention any French high end department stores, etc. that might have MDC?

Thanks in advance.

18 281
 08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-02-2012, 05:23 PM)daccpa Wrote: A little bit off topic but still pertaining to MDC, does anyone know if MDC is commonly available in retail outlets in France or is it limited to their shop only for retail?

The reason I was wondering is that I have a friend going to France in October and thought I'd have him bring some back to the states for me if it sn't too much trouble for him. However, while he will be shopping quite heavily for colognes and EDT's (we are both into fragrances) I don't want him to have to go very far out of his way to find MDC just for my benefit. I think most of his shopping in Paris, an concentrated fragrance district area called the "Left Bank" or something like that. Can anyone mention any French high end department stores, etc. that might have MDC?

Thanks in advance.

My friend,you can find it available in "Planet Rasoir",and also in two department stores
"Le Printemps" and "Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville".These 3 places are located in Paris.
Or if you go to visit where Martin de Candre is being made, a city called Fontevraud-l'Abbaye.
Many people dont know that Martin de Cadre (well,the family behind it) have an hotel close to where they make the shaving soaps.Yes,I would LOVE to go there. http://www.domaine-de-mestre.com/

86 7,123
 08-03-2012, 03:34 PM
User Info
Thanks for the info, Teiste.

75 20,883
 08-03-2012, 04:53 PM
  • daccpa
  • Weber fanboy
  • Middle Tennessee
User Info
(08-02-2012, 08:10 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 05:23 PM)daccpa Wrote: A little bit off topic but still pertaining to MDC, does anyone know if MDC is commonly available in retail outlets in France or is it limited to their shop only for retail?

Thanks in advance.

My friend,you can find it available in "Planet Rasoir",and also in two department stores
"Le Printemps" and "Bazar de l'Hôtel de Ville".These 3 places are located in Paris.
Or if you go to visit where Martin de Candre is being made, a city called Fontevraud-l'Abbaye.
Many people dont know that Martin de Cadre (well,the family behind it) have an hotel close to where they make the shaving soaps.Yes,I would LOVE to go there. http://www.domaine-de-mestre.com/

Thanks so much for the information Tieste. This may work out perfectly, I'm certain I recall that he spent quite a bit of time last year in Le Printemps and I will ask him to look for it there. He was kind enough to bring me a bottle of Montale Black Musk last year and he even bought an extra suitcase to bring back all of the bottles of cologne that he bought for himself.

Thanks again, just the guidance I was looking for.

18 281
 08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
User Info
Try wetting the cream and keep the brush moistened.

0 35