03-10-2016, 12:28 PM
User Info
The first soap I purchased from Chris was Le Piment de la Vie.  You can tell by its name that it is a French style soap.  Extremely fragrant soft and this one is very sticky.  However, once diluted by a wet brush it makes a tremendous lather (I face lather with this soap) that in my opinion is very cushioning and the razor glides on the face.  I also purchased Irish Coffee which is a French style soap as well.  In addition, I got Barnegat Bay which is his version of an Italian soap some-what soft.  He also came out with two new releases Florentine Fern and Menage A Lavande.  These are new formulas which he just introduced and they are more like a Crop.  I have used Le Piment de la Vie several times and am very pleased with its performance, fragrance as well post shave feel.  I have not used the other four which I received today but if there is an interest I will comment once I have used them all which I plan on doing in the next four days.  And, if requested I will take a photo of all three of the the ingredients (French, Italian and new release).  I just wanted people who have used his soaps to know about the new releases.

[Image: YtEHWEf.jpg]

0 235
 03-10-2016, 12:31 PM
User Info
Yes please let me know. I love Caties Bubbles soaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 160
 03-10-2016, 12:34 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Yes, please share ingredients lists, thank you!

How does the Florentine Fern smell?  I am quite a fan of fennel/anise… it's required of Italian lineage I suppose.

57 2,547
 03-10-2016, 12:44 PM
User Info
As soon as I use all 4 (which should be Monday or Tuesday) I will come back to this thread with my opinions as well as photos of the ingredients.

0 235
 03-10-2016, 12:58 PM
User Info
I heard this lavender scent is legit. Really hard pressed not to buy this

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

0 517
 03-10-2016, 02:18 PM
User Info
French: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Fragrance.

French +: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Jojoba.

luxury cream soap: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, shea butter, fragrance, jojoba oil, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, and glycerin

26 984
 03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
User Info
(03-10-2016, 02:18 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: French: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Fragrance.

French +: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Jojoba.

luxury cream soap: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, shea butter, fragrance, jojoba oil, sodium hydroxide, sodium lactate, and glycerin
You'r right the only one missing is Italian.

[Image: zYbP9ng.jpg]

0 235
 03-11-2016, 04:05 PM
User Info
Love Caties, will most likely buy a couple of the new formulas in the next months time.......

Caties is not in my Top 10 best soaps, but close to that number 10 spot......

24 5,841
 03-11-2016, 06:06 PM
User Info
I bought Le Piment de la Vie to try Catie's Bubbles and I like it.  Will very likely try some other scents.

It's a little different than my TOBS creams, consistency-wise.  I use a scuttle and have to work the soap a bit to get it 'latherable' - but once the lather is going it is really nice.  Great shave and scent.  Definitely part of my rotation.

0 377
 03-12-2016, 01:31 AM
User Info
These two new ones are excellent soaps. I especially love the lavender, Chris really knocked it out of the park with this one.

61 1,710
 03-13-2016, 10:56 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
(03-10-2016, 03:31 PM)Tidepool Wrote:
(03-10-2016, 02:18 PM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: French: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate, Glycerine, Fragrance.

You'r right the only one missing is Italian.

[Image: zYbP9ng.jpg]

Kokum and mango butter...... Sounds like a winner to me.

72 1,225
 03-14-2016, 01:52 PM
User Info
After receiving the four soaps from Chris last Thursday, I took the next four days and used each one.  I am not attempting to “Review” these soaps as I am not qualified to assign numbers to the various qualities often used as benchmarks.  I am just giving my opinion of ease of making a lather, face protection (cushion) and post shave.  I face lathered with all of these soaps and used distilled water.  I already owned Le Piment de la Vie which is his version of a French style soap The Irish Coffee is a French style as well.  At first this style of soap appears to be very sticky as it clings to everything.  However, once loaded on a brush I shock all of the water out of, it created an amazing amount of lather.  My razor glided on my face and left my face feeling great post shave.  Le Piment de la Vie has a very interesting fragrance and the Irish Coffee actually smelt like Irish coffee.  The Barnegat Bay is his version of an Italian style soap.  It is firmer and not sticky as the French style but performed as well as the above two soaps.  Chris said the fragrance of this soap represents the smell of the the bay where he lives by the Atlantic Ocean.  I will take his word but the fragrance which was different was very pleasing.  Once again my razor glided on my face and left my face feeling great post shave.  The Florentine Fern and the Menage a Lavande is his new formula.  It’s harder than the above soaps which you may call a Crop.  Fragrances were well accepted and it performed extremely well.  A lot of cushion here and it completely covered my face.  I had enough lather to make more than three passes with all of these soaps with out spending a lot of time loading my brush.  Some may require a few more drops of water.  Once again I believe soaps and blades is a very subjective topic based on personal preferences.  These will remain in my rotation.

0 235