03-12-2016, 03:55 PM
User Info
This has probably been asked before - did a quick search and didn't notice anything, but ...

Is it possible to find out who quoted me in a response?  I've been on a number of forums which had such a feature and I really find it helpful to discussions.

Just wondering...

0 377
 03-14-2016, 07:17 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
The Mod/Admin team are currently looking at this Add-on feature.

Are there other members who are also wanting this addition?

99 18,011
 03-14-2016, 07:24 PM
User Info
I think it would be nice.

One feature I find useful on various forums as well is seeing a symbol or color change to threads I've participated in. Helps me follow and participate in conversations I'm interested in even if I haven't been directly quoted, tagged, or mentioned.

9 1,411
 03-14-2016, 07:53 PM
User Info
if it does get enabled, can it be optional via user preferences? On one site that has it, I find it more trouble than helpful. I typically see the posts that I'm quoted in hours before I get the notifications. Then it's a chore to have to check them and clear them. And browsing the threads and reading the posts that you have been quoted in does not automatically clear the notifications. At least, not on the other site that has it.

40 1,166
 03-14-2016, 07:57 PM
User Info
So, are the dots and red "bookmarks" the symbols I was describing?

I never noticed them before, but I think I'm starting to figure it out now that I'm looking for a pattern. I thought it was just random or relevant to the subforum. 

When I'm using the mobile site everything is tiny.

I usually sort by "Latest" too, so I'm not always paying close attention to which sub I'm reading.

But, yeah a quote notification would be nice if it's got a toggle. I imagine it may be personal preference per member.

9 1,411
 03-14-2016, 07:57 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
(03-14-2016, 07:53 PM)shevek Wrote: if it does get enabled, can it be optional via user preferences? On one site that has it, I find it more trouble than helpful. I typically see the posts that I'm quoted in hours before I get the notifications. Then it's a chore to have to check them and clear them. And browsing the threads and reading the posts that you have been quoted in does not automatically clear the notifications. At least, not on the other site that has it.

Rob, that's my question too. We'll let you know.

99 18,011
 03-15-2016, 12:19 AM
User Info
I would like it too, also to have the 'Like Post button', which I only see enabled when I visit The nook on my iphone via Tapatalk.

24 5,966
 03-15-2016, 03:25 AM
User Info
Claus, as far as I know the "Like" button is a function of Tapatalk and not of the forum software - and Tapatalk will also let you know when someone quotes you Smile

3 4,495
 03-16-2016, 07:22 PM
User Info
(03-14-2016, 07:53 PM)shevek Wrote: if it does get enabled, can it be optional via user preferences? On one site that has it, I find it more trouble than helpful. I typically see the posts that I'm quoted in hours before I get the notifications. Then it's a chore to have to check them and clear them. And browsing the threads and reading the posts that you have been quoted in does not automatically clear the notifications. At least, not on the other site that has it.

I've seen it done in various ways, but I would imagine it'd be a feature one could select or not, use or not.  In vBulletin I believe it's just another tab where such posts (links) show up as a matter of course, the user having the option to visit the tab or not.  Don't recall if users can delete them or not, but since visiting the tab is optional, it's not really a bother.

0 377