03-13-2016, 04:37 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Two years ago, I purchased the Truefitt and Hill 10. It is supposed to be a brushless cream, at least the company says so. It is an affordable cream, especially in Europe, it costs around 10 euros. The scent is flowery, orange blossom with a touch of wood, very pleasant to my nose. It performs excellent, better than the more expensive creams of the company, in my opinion. I use it with brush, like most of the gentlemen do. I am very satisfied. After almost a year of non-use, I decided to shave with it exclusively till the end of the March, in a try to finish it. Until now, I've done two shaves in a row and I am very pleased.

[Image: 20160312_215555_zpsbswfgp0a.jpg]

[Image: 20160310_204342_zps7xkuelqj.jpg]
Omega 10049 boar brush, Steve Woodhead large scuttle

Before the first pass...

[Image: 20160312_213404_zpsfjruyfe7.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_213420_zpsewgudorv.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_213525_zps4ljbokv5.jpg]

Before the second and last pass...

[Image: 20160312_214044_zps5c1renti.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_214129_zps3biwq1n1.jpg]

49 1,996
 03-13-2016, 07:10 AM
User Info
Definitely doesn't look like a non-lathering product.

31 8,057
 03-13-2016, 07:26 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
(03-13-2016, 04:37 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
Two years ago, I purchased the Truefitt and Hill 10. It is supposed to be a brushless cream, at least the company says so. It is an affordable cream, especially in Europe, it costs around 10 euros. The scent is flowery, orange blossom with a touch of wood, very pleasant to my nose. It performs excellent, better than the more expensive creams of the company, in my opinion. I use it with brush, like most of the gentlemen do. I am very satisfied. After almost a year of non-use, I decided to shave with it exclusively till the end of the March, in a try to finish it. Until now, I've done two shaves in a row and I am very pleased.

[Image: 20160312_215555_zpsbswfgp0a.jpg]

[Image: 20160310_204342_zps7xkuelqj.jpg]
Omega 10049 boar brush, Steve Woodhead large scuttle

Before the first pass...

[Image: 20160312_213404_zpsfjruyfe7.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_213420_zpsewgudorv.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_213525_zps4ljbokv5.jpg]

Before the second and last pass...

[Image: 20160312_214044_zps5c1renti.jpg]

[Image: 20160312_214129_zps3biwq1n1.jpg]

Mpravo agwrh mou!

3 2,634
 03-13-2016, 07:37 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Brian, it's a brush- friendly product. I really enjoy it.

Jeff, na eisai kala file mou! Xairetismous!

49 1,996
 03-13-2016, 01:02 PM
User Info
My favourite T&H cream. I never considered it "brushless" though.

Directions for No. 10: 
[Image: Rm4pumS.jpg]

I find this cream more similar - in terms of feel - to St. James of London, than to the other T&H offerings. Not completely surprising, since they're all made by Creightons.

0 485
 03-13-2016, 02:26 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Thanks for the information!

I've never tried any St. James of London cream. Maybe I should.

49 1,996
 03-13-2016, 05:14 PM
User Info
Nikos, I owned it, and actually used it for when I stay at Hotel 2 weekends each month. 

For the money it is a great cream, but for me - I do prefer the original TF&H creams over the No.10, because I feel they give me better protection and cushion, but I can not in any way say the No.10 cream is nothing short of a VERY good shaving cream, and excellent for the price.

The pot is a little on thin plastic side, compared to the more sturdy plastic pots from TF&H, but the price is rigt and the cream is excellent.

I would not say it's on par with my 5 St. James cream, but it will differ from person to person, how well it performs of course.

Definitely a great bargain cream. I would say comparable to the Body Shop Macaroot, perhaps less slickness

By the way, what a great looking scuttle you have there. Where did you buy it from and what did it cost you ?

24 5,965
 03-13-2016, 05:56 PM
User Info
I enjoy N0.10 and have always used a brush, this is not Cremo CreamBiggrin   It is a good cream for bowl lathering IMHO.  I got it a few years back from a member and it was one of the first creams that I added to the lineup.

61 3,796
 03-14-2016, 01:27 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-13-2016, 05:14 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Nikos, I owned it, and actually used it for when I stay at Hotel 2 weekends each month. 

For the money it is a great cream, but for me - I do prefer the original TF&H creams over the No.10, because I feel they give me better protection and cushion, but I can not in any way say the No.10 cream is nothing short of a VERY good shaving cream, and excellent for the price.

The pot is a little on thin plastic side, compared to the more sturdy plastic pots from TF&H, but the price is rigt and the cream is excellent.

I would not say it's on par with my 5 St. James cream, but it will differ from person to person, how well it performs of course.

Definitely a great bargain cream. I would say comparable to the Body Shop Macaroot, perhaps less slickness

By the way, what a great looking scuttle you have there. Where did you buy it from and what did it cost you ?

Claus, thank you for your comments. I have to try a St. James of Londom cream. They're not very expensive and they come in a nice glass container. Which one do you recommend?

The scuttle is made by Steve Woodhead. It's the large size with added lugs for the brush. It's beautiful. I have it since 2014, it cost me 57 euros, including shipping from England. The scuttle alone costs 37,5 pounds. He has a site where you can find many shaving scuttles and bowls, just google it. I recommend it to everyone who likes bowl- lathering!

49 1,996
 03-14-2016, 06:12 AM
User Info
Like many similar creams, T&H is for use with or without a brush:

[Image: 81vk9dPCFmL._SX522_.jpg]

On a semi-related note, before getting into shaving with a brush, my old roommate gave me a jar of the famed and now-discontinued Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving cream (he had and still has a beard and got it for Christmas which left him thoroughly perplexed).  I could make neither hide nor hair of using it so I threw it away.

84 1,505
 03-14-2016, 04:52 PM
User Info
Very nice pictures.

Years ago I tried using Cremo with a brush and it didn't work.  That's the only time I've used a brushless cream with a brush.

By the way, let's give some recognition to your Omega 49 for creating all of that lather.  It's a great brush at an amazing price.

50 6,055
 03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
User Info
(03-14-2016, 06:12 AM)jpakstis Wrote: Like many similar creams, T&H is for use with or without a brush:

Art of Shaving says their cream can be used 'with or without a brush', and I could only imagine someone used to $1 Barbasol going to town with their $25 AoS cream and only getting a dozen shaves out of it. AoS cream is excellent but very dense, only a few grams gets you a three pass shave with a brush. Trying to use it brushless sounds like a waste of money.

6 735
 03-15-2016, 03:37 AM
User Info
(03-14-2016, 01:27 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(03-13-2016, 05:14 PM)CHSeifert Wrote: Nikos, I owned it, and actually used it for when I stay at Hotel 2 weekends each month. 

Claus, thank you for your comments. I have to try a St. James of Londom cream. They're not very expensive and they come in a nice glass container. Which one do you recommend?

The scuttle is made by Steve Woodhead. It's the large size with added lugs for the brush. It's beautiful. I have it since 2014, it cost me 57 euros, including shipping from England. The scuttle alone costs 37,5 pounds. He has a site where you can find many shaving scuttles and bowls, just google it. I recommend it to everyone who likes bowl- lathering!

Nikos, I own all 5 St. James.

If you have sensitive skin and want a light scent go for the lavender & geranium, very lightly scented - yet still great.
If you like a fresh cologne type sandalwood, go for the Sandalwood & bergamot. I normally dislike most cologne sandalwood scents, or at least am not so fund of them, but this sandlwood & bergamot is quite good, okay honestly I love it.

Black pepper and lime is also great, if you enjoy a bit of pepper.

24 5,965
 03-15-2016, 07:15 AM
User Info
I also purchased Truefitt and Hill 10 about two years ago and have always used a brush.  It lathers great and the performance is outstanding.  Once it is completely used I will replace it.  I believe I paid $19 for it which is very reasonable.

0 253
 03-15-2016, 12:18 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-15-2016, 03:37 AM)CHSeifert Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 01:27 AM)nikos.a Wrote:

Nikos, I own all 5 St. James.

If you have sensitive skin and want a light scent go for the lavender & geranium, very lightly scented - yet still great.
If you like a fresh cologne type sandalwood, go for the Sandalwood & bergamot. I normally dislike most cologne sandalwood scents, or at least am not so fund of them, but this sandlwood & bergamot is quite good, okay honestly I love it.

Black pepper and lime is also great, if you enjoy a bit of pepper.

Thank you very much for the recommendations, Claus. I believe I will finish the 10 by the end of the month. Then, I'll be able to buy a St. James cream, probably I'll choose the Sandalwood Bergamot.

49 1,996
 03-23-2016, 01:01 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Another great shave tonight with the Trueffit & Hill 10. The more I use this cream, the more I like it.

49 1,996
 03-23-2016, 01:28 PM
User Info
TF&H No.10 is not a brushless cream per se, it's a cream that can be used without a brush,  but also with a brush  Biggrin

And it performs very very well, in fact it's splendid.

So good, that I had to buy a new pot of 200 ml No.10, I paid €7 for it.

It must rank among the best cheap cream out there for sure.

I will give it an 8.5/10 for performance........it's that good.

If you consider the price, it's a 9.5/10 cream.

24 5,965
 03-24-2016, 04:14 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
I think brushless is different than non-lathering. Some years ago I used a cream that said nothing at all about brushes or lathering. You just smoothed it on with your fingers and no amount of scrubbing around produced a lather. I figured this out after avoiding creams that said "brushless" until I picked one up by accident, used a brush anyways and got a lather.

7 2,322