03-14-2016, 05:01 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I am not a regular smoker. I stopped smoking cigarettes about a year and a half ago, but I do enjoy smoking pipes and cigars once in a while. I prefer Cubans. My collection is not big, I used to have four full humidors, now I have only two with a few cigars inside them. Since I started wet shaving, I spend more money on this hobby. 

My favorite cigars are the Partagas Serie D. No4( PSD4), which is Robusto, and Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Pyramid. 

Today my humidors look like this.

[Image: 20160314_144210_zpsy1x0zkxa.jpg]

[Image: 20160314_144316_zps7l87n7yc.jpg]

I know there are cigar smokers in this forum, so which are your favorite cigars?

49 1,940
 03-14-2016, 07:07 AM
User Info
(03-14-2016, 05:01 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
I am not a regular smoker. I stopped smoking cigarettes about a year and a half ago, but I do enjoy smoking pipes and cigars once in a while. I prefer Cubans. My collection is not big, I used to have four full humidors, now I have only two with a few cigars inside them. Since I started wet shaving, I spend more money on this hobby. 

My favorite cigars are the Partagas Serie D. No4( PSD4), which is Robusto, and Bolivar Belicosos Finos, Pyramid. 

[Image: 20160314_144316_zps7l87n7yc.jpg][Image: 2RHloya.jpg][Image: jwxjoFN.jpg]

I have tried Cubans and have enjoyed many but I don't believe that the price justifies the hype. I have come to prefer Honduran blended cigars with mostly maduro wrappers. On a side note....Your cigar stash will regulate better if it's larger, The beauty of a large amount is that they will not fluctuate humidity as drasticly when you open and close the humidor.
Here is a pic of one of my set-ups for storage.

0 78
 03-14-2016, 07:38 AM
User Info
Where to start...I am a BIG Fuente Fan...Love Opus X and Ashton cigars all day everyday, I also have Liga, Tat's, Davidoff's, Padron and a few others that I just love...I have some Cuban but they just don't do it for me like a good aged Dominican can..My humidor has an Automatic Avallo humidity system with 14 circulation fans and a little over 5 gallons of DI water, keeping about 5K cigars in perfect temperature. I also have other desktop humidors like my Treasure Chest where I keep my prized cigars that I smoke on special occasions. I control everything from my phone with regards to temperature and humidity because I have a mild case of OCD. I should note that I smoke about 5 cigars a week and more if I am golfing. I love to age my sticks because to me nothing is better than an Opus with about 3.5 years on it. Here is a pic of my set up. some of the pictures are old from 2015 because I rotate a lot of cigars from my aged boxes to the shelf's for immediate smoking...Everything on the first 2 shelf's get smoked within a year as there aged 3.5 - 4 years just the way I like them. 

[img=1032x1375]http://i.imgur.com/YH1cZYz.jpg[/img]

[img=1042x1387]http://i.imgur.com/naKShJt.jpg[/img]

[img=1048x786]http://i.imgur.com/nZA4C3p.jpg[/img]

[img=1051x1399]http://i.imgur.com/gloeajJ.jpg[/img]

25 470
 03-14-2016, 08:07 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-14-2016, 07:38 AM)amaro5211 Wrote: Where to start...I am a BIG Fuente Fan...Love Opus X and Ashton cigars all day everyday, I also have Liga, Tat's, Davidoff's, Padron and a few others that I just love...I have some Cuban but they just don't do it for me like a good aged Dominican can..My humidor has an Automatic Avallo humidity system with 14 circulation fans and a little over 5 gallons of DI water, keeping about 5K cigars in perfect temperature. I also have other desktop humidors like my Treasure Chest where I keep my prized cigars that I smoke on special occasions. I control everything from my phone with regards to temperature and humidity because I have a mild case of OCD. I should note that I smoke about 5 cigars a week and more if I am golfing. I love to age my sticks because to me nothing is better than an Opus with about 3.5 years on it. Here is a pic of my set up. some of the pictures are old from 2015 because I rotate a lot of cigars from my aged boxes to the shelf's for immediate smoking...Everything on the first 2 shelf's get smoked within a year as there aged 3.5 - 4 years just the way I like them. 

[img=919x1375]http://i.imgur.com/YH1cZYz.jpg[/img]

[img=919x1387]http://i.imgur.com/naKShJt.jpg[/img]

[Image: nZA4C3p.jpg]

[img=919x1399]http://i.imgur.com/gloeajJ.jpg[/img]

Daniel, this is a fantastic collection and thanks for sharing! I always wanted a cabinet humidor, but I've never reached more than 220 cigars. Now, I'm pretty low, I have to buy anything cigar related since 2014.

My experience from cigars other than Cuban is poor. Where I live, it's more easy to find Habanos branded cigars.

edit: I can see your photos only when I quote your post.

49 1,940
 03-14-2016, 08:23 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-14-2016, 07:07 AM)Paul6506 Wrote:

[Image: 20160314_144316_zps7l87n7yc.jpg][Image: 2RHloya.jpg][Image: jwxjoFN.jpg]

I have tried Cubans and have enjoyed many but I don't believe that the price justifies the hype. I have come to prefer Honduran blended cigars with mostly maduro wrappers. On a side note....Your cigar stash will regulate better if it's larger, The beauty of a large amount is that they will not fluctuate humidity as drasticly when you open and close the humidor.

Paul, thanks for sharing! Is this a portable refrigerator? It looks cool. I guess you modified it to keep the humidity stabilized.

I know that, I used to have more than 220 Cuban cigars in my humidors, but now I'm pretty low. Fortunately, my humidors are pretty good, and they keep the humidity stabilized at 70-72 degrees for 4-5 months, without any additional liquid supplement at the humidifiers during this time. My humidors are Humidif, made by Spanish cedar.

49 1,940
 03-14-2016, 09:20 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
That's an impressive humidor system, Daniel!

I'm a somewhat regular cigar smoker myself, usually 2 - 4 cigars a week, and exclusively Cubans. I did try more then a few non-Cuban cigars when I started smoking, as most are somewhat cheaper then Cubans, but I just never truly enjoyed any of them, I guess they're just not to my taste.

My favorite current production cigars are the H. Upmann Connoisseur A, Magnum 50 and Sir Winston, the Partagas Lusitania and Shorts, and the Trinidad Coloniales.

26 4,896
 03-14-2016, 09:33 AM
User Info
Yea I may have messed up the pictures because I can't see them...but trust me they are there...LOL. Cuban cigars to my palate are very 1 dimensional, I like when a cigar goes through many levels, it creates a great experience. I have a few Original Behike from the original 2006 release and while there OK I cannot justify the 500 price tag that goes with them...I smoked a Davidoff Oro Balnco and honestly it blew it out of the water. Cigars are so subjective because while this is my preference, it is not shared by a few of my cigar friends..That's why I love variety and opinions.

25 470
 03-14-2016, 09:48 AM
User Info
I love the Illusione MJ12 Maduro.  For my humidor I have taken a wine chiller and converted it into a humidor.

I haven't tried a Cuban cigar yet but I have been Guantanamo Bay.  Nothing more disappointing than going to Cuba and not being able to drink some Cuban rum and smoke a Cuban cigar.

21 368
 03-14-2016, 10:06 AM
User Info
(03-14-2016, 08:23 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 07:07 AM)Paul6506 Wrote:

Paul, thanks for sharing! Is this a portable refrigerator? It looks cool. I guess you modified it to keep the humidity stabilized.

I know that, I used to have more than 220 Cuban cigars in my humidors, but now I'm pretty low. Fortunately, my humidors are pretty good, and they keep the humidity stabilized at 70-72 degrees for 4-5 months, without any additional liquid supplement at the humidifiers during this time. My humidors are Humidif, made by Spanish cedar.

It's an Igloo 54qt cooler modified by myself.

0 78
 05-28-2016, 02:48 AM
User Info
Hello guys,

I guess, I'm late to the party. My favorite cigar is the Illusione Rothechilds, El Baton and the Punch Elite London maduros. 

My collection consist of a small tuppidor. So, I will be requesting @amaro5211 aka Daniel adopt me asap. All I can say is "Oh my God. It's full of cigars!!!"

I hope we can keep this thread going.

-Tom

0 37