03-17-2016, 03:27 PM
User Info
Have you guys read the Onion article which is a fake column from the CEO of Gillette saying that they're coming out with a 5 blade razor?  It was written in 2004, years before the fusion was released.  

I'm not sharing the link as the title has profanity and I don't want to run afoul of the mods.  But find it, it's really funny.

11 936
 03-17-2016, 04:49 PM
User Info
If I recall correctly, SNL "predicted" the 3-blade razor in the '70's...

0 1,038
 03-19-2016, 05:46 AM
User Info
With Dorco having released a seven blade razor, I think the days of increasing the number of blades are nearing an end.  Gillette will have to come up with a new gimmick to increase sales.  Also there is greater resistance to their increasing the price of cartridges, so my guess is that the boys at P&G are frantically thinking about what will be their cash cow once Fusion sales start to stall.

7 84
 03-19-2016, 06:11 AM
User Info
(03-17-2016, 03:27 PM)surfshaver Wrote: Have you guys read the Onion article which is a fake column from the CEO of Gillette saying that they're coming out with a 5 blade razor?  It was written in 2004, years before the fusion was released.  

I'm not sharing the link as the title has profanity and I don't want to run afoul of the mods.  But find it, it's really funny.

It depends on what you find funny? But I never found it amusing, and I find it tiresome that people constantly mention it or refer to the Mad TV sketch that was never ever funny too...

0 273
 03-19-2016, 06:24 AM
User Info
(03-19-2016, 05:46 AM)cournot Wrote: With Dorco having released a seven blade razor, I think the days of increasing the number of blades are nearing an end.  Gillette will have to come up with a new gimmick to increase sales.  Also there is greater resistance to their increasing the price of cartridges, so my guess is that the boys at P&G are frantically thinking about what will be their cash cow once Fusion sales start to stall.

So you missed the Pro Shield? Did you miss the ProGlide and Flexball too? I would imagine, that a new razor will be developed as the Fusion is now 11 years old. The Mach 3 was only 7 years old when replaced as the latest product. However, the Atra was 13 years old when replaced by the Sensor in 1990 as the lead product.

Are you still listening to vinyl or watching Betamax?   

Well got to dash my horse drawn carriage is double parked  Rolleyes

0 273