12-26-2016, 07:08 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Recently tried my Rx with a pro guard blade - an instant daily shaver. two passes and done! A Feather Pro works wonderfully on a 36-48 hour or longer growth.

111 1,370
 01-03-2017, 04:13 PM
User Info
I just received my Rx in the mail today from a fellow shaver.  The engineering and craftsmanship are beautiful and intelligent.  The way the handle is used to tighten the blade into the head is brilliant.  Can't wait for my first of many shaves.  Kudos to Phil on a very thoughtful design.

13 954
 01-03-2017, 07:00 PM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Congratulations! It is an awesome razor. Just remember - very little to no pressure when using Feather Pro, Kai blades, or other similar blades without guards. Feather Pro Guard blades allow me to use my Rx daily without any irritation  after three passes plus clean up.

111 1,370
 01-03-2017, 10:05 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(01-03-2017, 04:13 PM)wreck | fish Wrote: I just received my Rx in the mail today from a fellow shaver.  The engineering and craftsmanship are beautiful and intelligent.  The way the handle is used to tighten the blade into the head is brilliant.  Can't wait for my first of many shaves.  Kudos to Phil on a very thoughtful design.

(01-03-2017, 07:00 PM)ARGH Wrote: Congratulations! It is an awesome razor. Just remember - very little to no pressure when using Feather Pro, Kai blades, or other similar blades without guards. Feather Pro Guard blades allow me to use my Rx daily without any irritation  after three passes plus clean up.

Thanks guys. Blush I am really glad that you are enjoying it.

45 17,741
 01-04-2017, 09:23 AM
User Info
First shave with Rx, Feather Pro, Cade cream, and Semogue Mistura.  Great first shave.  Two passes, very close, just a touch of irritation but I buffed a bit and I think that did it.  Reminds me alot of shaving with a Feather AC SS, but without the need for as much concentration.  I'm going to get some Pro Guards to try in addition to the Kai's I already have.  BTW, I couldn't find a specific Rx user thread, just the tour and some various question threads.  Don't want to clutter up this thread if this is the wrong one for "user experience".

Looking forward to more shaves with the Rx.

13 954
 01-04-2017, 10:06 AM
User Info
wreck | fishFirst shave with Rx, Feather Pro, Cade cream, and Semogue Mistura.  Great first shave.  Two passes, very close, just a touch of irritation but I buffed a bit and I think that did it.  Reminds me alot of shaving with a Feather AC SS, but without the need for as much concentration.  I'm going to get some Pro Guards to try in addition to the Kai's I already have.  BTW, I couldn't find a specific Rx user thread, just the tour and some various question threads.  Don't want to clutter up this thread if this is the wrong one for "user experience".

Looking forward to more shaves with the Rx.

The RX has a learning curve. I started with the pro but now I use the pro guard and will soon try the Kai mild. Great shaver.

0 185