07-21-2012, 08:39 AM
  • turtle
  • Lost in the lather
User Info

GEM MicroMatic Open Comb SE Razor:

This is a very clean GEM MM OC in a cream colored art deco case. I'm sure this razor has been used (haven't they all).

It is a duplicate for me which is why it is being sold.

Plating is 99%. The only exception is a scratch that is about the width of a pencil line that is 1/8" or less long. I tried to get it in the photos but no matter how many I took or at what angle the small blemish would not show up BUT it is there. If you hold the razor to the light, move it around and squint you will find it so this is not 100% because of this. The razor has no plate loss anywhere on the combs, blade cover, or handle.

The case is the older art deco style cream/off-white color. It has both of the blade holders and the GEM guarantee is still with it. There is an older crack in the top which is VERY visible as it is dirty. The crack is not large and is stable but it is filled with decades of dirt/dust so shows up black in the pictures.

I do not clean things up so that they look nicer than they actually are. The razor is in the condition that I purchased it in. I do not know if the small scratch could be buffed out or if the crack in the case would disappear if it were washed.

You get it as I got it, warts and all

SOLD Price: $19 shipped CON US ONLY

6 132
 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM
User Info
Very nice looking razor and great price.
You have no worries dealing with Mike, he is a great guy. I have dealt with him on many occasions.

1 41
 07-21-2012, 10:40 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Turtle a good guy? He's sure got you fooled Biggrin

Kidding of course. Turtle and I have traded many times. Anything you get from him is quality and better than described.

116 3,804