03-19-2016, 04:53 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
In a cream, and in a soap who makes the best, closest to original straight up rose and the same for lavender. Think of them as a single malt. And then who makes the best Rose and Lavender based fragrances. In other words, a true Rose and a true Lavender and then a more of a "creation" or complex rose and lavender.
I've asked this before in different ways just to see what differs over time.

7 2,328
 03-19-2016, 05:52 AM
  • Gabe
  • Arizona
User Info
Rose - Truefitt and Hill cream. It's like putting your nose to a single rose. 

Swiss Pitralon for rose based fragrance. More complex than a single rose, but the rose scent is dominant.

75 1,324
 03-19-2016, 06:08 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I'm sure many gentlemen will recommend the LPL Rose de Pushkar as the best rose scented soap. But, it's not what you're looking for. It has cinnamon that sweetens the scent. I don't know if anyone has noticed that, you can see it in the ingredients. 

By far, the best rose scent I've ever smelled in a cream, that it's like smelling a bunch of fresh cut roses, is the Vulfix English Rose. Amazing scent! It's not very popular, I've smelled it many times. The only negative is that it has parabens. If this is not a problem, then you will love the scent. It's better than all the other hi- end rose scented british creams in terms of fragrance. Almost all perform the same. I've smelled all of them. T&H and ToOBS Rose creams have a more synthetic rose scent. Vulfix is more natural.

49 1,999
 03-19-2016, 06:41 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
agree with Simpson's/Vulfix English Rose creams.  If you can find Wickham's English Rose soap that is also a wonderful, natural rose scent.

For straight up lavender I like Mike's Hungarian Lavender soap and Stone Cottage Creams Lavender & Castle Forbes Lavender.

168 1,387
 03-19-2016, 07:48 AM
User Info
Mystic Water Jeff's Lavender

I cannot comment on a true Rose scent as I don't like it by itself. In combination, there are a few.

83 21,081
 03-19-2016, 09:31 AM
  • ARGH
  • Boston, MA
User Info
Rose Soap - Eufros Rosa Bourbon ( I was mightily impressed with it and it would certainly fall under the "single malts of shaving soaps" category), LPL Rose de Pushkar, Klar/Dusy Kabinett
Rose AS - Swiss Pitralon

Lavender: Mike's Hungarian  Lavender, CRSW Savon #1, Dr. Shelby
Lavender AS -  Bulgarian Lavender Splash

113 1,497
 03-19-2016, 09:33 AM
User Info
(03-19-2016, 09:31 AM)ARGH Wrote: Rose Soap - Eufros Rosa Bourbon ( I was mightily impressed with it and it would certainly fall under the "single malts of shaving soaps" category), LPL Rose de Pushkar, Klar/Dusy Kabinett
Rose AS - Swiss Pitralon

Lavender: Mike's Hungarian  Lavender, CRSW Savon #1, Dr. Shelby
Lavender AS -  Bulgarian Lavender Splash

+1 on the Rosa Bourbon

2 328
 03-19-2016, 09:46 AM
User Info
I really enjoyed Manuel's Rosa Bourbon, but I got more bourbon than Rose from it. The rose is, definitely, present, but the bourbon seemed to overpower it, a tiny bit.
Personally, I wouldn't consider it a true, single Rose scent. YMMV, of course. Shy

83 21,081
 03-19-2016, 09:47 AM
User Info
For lavender I like the new Catie's Bubbles that just came out. I do not like rose at all. A good friend recently PIFed me Eufros Rosa Bourbon. I was hoping the bourbon would be the dominant note with a hint of rose, but it was actually the other way around. Those would be my two recommendations, however, I have not smelled much rose since I intentionally avoid it, but I cannot imagine any rose fan being unhappy with Rosa Bourbon. Lavender happens to be a favorite of mine though.

63 1,721
 03-19-2016, 11:06 AM
  • cmh8890
  • Atlanta, GA
User Info
Single note rose: Soap Commander "Love" - although I don't find the soap's performance to be "elite" status for me.  But the scent is woderful.  I also like Queen Charlotte Soaps "Rose Otto" for more of a single note.

Straight ahead Lavender:  Barrister & Mann, black label lavender.

13 648
 03-19-2016, 11:17 AM
User Info
(03-19-2016, 11:06 AM)cmh8890 Wrote: Single note rose: Soap Commander "Love" - although I don't find the soap's performance to be "elite" status for me.  But the scent is woderful.  I also like Queen Charlotte Soaps "Rose Otto" for more of a single note.

Straight ahead Lavender:  Barrister & Mann, black label lavender.

+1 Soap Commander Love.  Straight up, clean, single note rose.

6 224
 03-19-2016, 11:41 AM
User Info
Haven't tried too many lavenders.  Got to D.R. Harris lavender soap and decided that was the one for me.  Others I will use up till gone.

As to rose, I enjoyed TOBS rose cream.  When I switched to soaps I got an older version of Trumper's rose soap (used it this morning; very nice), a sample of QCS Rose Otto (very nice), and a big brick of Siefen Kabinett.  All give nice shaves.  Trumpers and Kabinett have something in them more than straight rose.

3 543
 03-19-2016, 01:05 PM
User Info
Rosa - LPL Rose de Pushkar; Jabonman/EUFROS Rosa Bourbon; Soap Commander "Love"; TOBS Rosa cream; Mikes Rosa Cedarwood.
Lavanda - Mikes Lavandin&Eucalyptus and Hungarian Lavander.

0 84
 03-19-2016, 01:43 PM
User Info
D.R. Harris Lavender puck:  nice, essentially straight up English lavender scent.

T&H Rose cream: pleasant, pretty natural rose scent (but the cream does have added colorants).

0 491
 03-19-2016, 01:58 PM
User Info
I'm not so much into straight rose scents, but my favourite rose scented cream is the Cyril Salter Wild Rose cream - but the performance is sub par compared to my Truefitt & Hill Rose cream and my TOBS Rose cream.
The best performing and smelling rose scented cream/croap I have ever used is the Le Père Lucien Rose de Pushkar. But it's not a true rose.

Lavender is among my personal favourite scents and the best true lavender I know is the now discontinued Barrister & Mann Black Label Lavender.

Other lavender scented products I own and love are:

Martin de Candre original, not a true lavender
DR Harris Lavender soap - excellent lavender, out of this world great smelling
Castle Forbes Lavender - excellent pure lavender
A.O.S. Lavender - very nice take on lavender
Meißner Tremonia Lavender de Luxe - a great mix of lavender with rose & geranium.

24 5,972
 03-19-2016, 04:13 PM
User Info
Lavender varies considerably. For the quintessential lavender essential oil scent, I would say that Castle Forbes and Art of Shaving are the best that I have tried so far. My personal favorites, however, are Mike's Hungarian Lavender, and Martin de Candre Regular. These are very earthy and somewhat "medicinal" lavender scents that I find to be more masculine.

Regarding DR Harris, I found the scent to be very artificial. Nothing like real lavender.

I havent tried too many rose soaps/creams, but I recall that Vulfix's rose cream smelled like an actual rose, whereas DR Harris', Simpson's, and Queen Charlotte's roses smelled cloying and artificial, by comparison.

3 196
 03-20-2016, 02:16 AM
User Info
CRSW Lavender, unfortunately missing from their current offerings. Nice and earthy without being overly floral. Hope they bring it back in V2!

1 135
 03-20-2016, 04:38 AM
User Info
Check out the new Caties Bubbles Manage a Lavende

0 517
 03-20-2016, 04:53 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
As stated by Claus, Meissner Tremonia Lavender De Luxe has a wonderful scent. I have a sample. But, again, it's not pure lavender. However, I highly recommend it.

49 1,999
 03-20-2016, 06:26 AM
User Info
I see a few recommendations for B&M Black Label Lavender - which is discontinued. However, the same exact scent lives on in the B&M Latha Lavanda soap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 107