07-21-2012, 10:17 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
[Image: P1240789.JPG?m=1342894095]

You all already know my love for the D.R. Harris brand and also for its shaving soaps.
After my visit to our friend Phil at his store (http://www.bullgooseshaving.net) I got the Arlington Aftershave Milk,to match my Arlington shaving soap/shaving stick and what a great election!

My fav balm for many years have been Weleda,yes,Weleda,the natural german aftershave balm,which you can find at many health food stores.Well,it seems that Weleda has a new contender today,and after my fiance told me that she adores the Arlington scent,you know which one I use more frequent now.

Lets see the ingredients of this aftershave milk :

[Image: P1240790.JPG?m=1342894097]

As you can read,this aftershave balm contains lanolin,as well as paraffin liquidum,parabens and SLS.I have to be honest,I was a little bit concern about having paraffin and parabens/SLS,but it seems they must have it on a small quantity,since them skin,after I apply it,doesnt have a "greasy" feeling.Actually,not a greasy feeling at all,but the skin feels like well hydrated and very soft,I guess because of the lanolin.

If we add the Arlington scent,which is one of my favorites and stays on the skin for over an hour I would say,we have a winner here.Im looking forward to try it with the Arlington Aftershave and the cologne to have a full Arlington shave.

86 7,123
 07-21-2012, 10:48 AM
User Info
My thoughts exactly. It's my current favorite ASB and tend to like alcohol free for my face.

I find it works great, lingers for an hour or so and leaves my face feeling and smelling great.

A little also goes a long way. No need to slather yourself in it.

It's about the consistency of proraso alcohol free balm, which I also like, but the Arlington is much better feeling and smelling in my opinion and is much more of a pleasure to use.

8 2,718
 07-21-2012, 11:27 AM
  • Persius
  • On the learning curve
  • Reading, England
User Info
Nice to hear praise for this fab product. I'd not be without it.

1 290
 07-22-2012, 07:38 AM
User Info
Teiste, thanks for the info as usual. i hope you are well, my friend.

75 20,883
 07-22-2012, 06:17 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thanks for the review Teiste. I regularly used the Dr Harris Pink and the (unscented) Milk. Both are fantastic products!

91 17,798
 07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Something I have to try however, I don't like the word milk in my aftershaves Biggrin

100 12,437
 07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
User Info
DRH Arlington ASB is great. Love it - as for the Parabens, if you're going to have one, Methlyparaben is supposedly the one to have.

Weleda is a very under-rated ASB - it's better than much of what's out there - really destroys any irritation/redness. Only area it's a bit lacking is scent - it's not horrible, but nothing to write home about either - sort of a blah lemon.

12 96
 09-03-2012, 07:41 AM
User Info
Late to the party, but the Arlington Milk is my absolute favourite balm.
I was also surprised when I read the list of ingredients. Not because I have an aversion to parabens or SLS, but because I didn't expect the balm to be so fantastic! I was expecting it to be more like a run of the mill drugstore balm. I came from the thinner, previous version of Arlington Milk, but immediately preferred the current formulation.

0 57
 06-14-2013, 06:27 PM
User Info
Does anyone find this greasy? That's my usual balm complaint but the AOS Ocean Kelp has got me thinking otherwise. I like the Arlington scent better so I have some interest in this one.

15 762