03-22-2016, 11:03 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Yesterday, Apple announced some new devices, one of them is called IPhone SE. What I immediately thought was that the acronym SE could mean Single Edge... 

Maybe I need to take some time to relax and stop reading every day about new razors, new products etc. and just enjoy what I already have... I must persuade myself that I don't need to try them all. New SE, stainless and aluminum editions, artisan made DEs, limited editions... Things could be a lot simpler but it's too difficult nowadays. I admire the people that manage to stay away from the overconsumption of shaving products and have what they need, a good razor, a couple of brushes and a few shaving soaps. 

49 2,019
 03-22-2016, 12:24 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Nick, the difficult thing is deciding when enough really is "enough."

7 2,379
 03-22-2016, 01:42 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(03-22-2016, 12:24 PM)chazt Wrote: Nick, the difficult thing is deciding when enough really is "enough."

Wise words, my friend Charlie!

49 2,019
 03-22-2016, 03:04 PM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Those Apple single edge must be terribly mild and come with proprietary blades.

10 378
 03-22-2016, 03:07 PM
User Info
There's a happy medium somewhere between enough variety to keep things interesting and excess. Let me know when you guys figure all that out. Smile

0 1,099
 04-21-2016, 03:56 PM
User Info
I have the same - reading too much about shaving - especially forums. And then all of the DE's, SE's etc. I am reading "the right" way Smile

4 58
 05-29-2016, 04:14 PM
User Info
Proprietary blades........AWESOME!  I'm still giggling.  Fact is I'm great with a 34C, a puck of old AOS tallow in sandalwood, an Omega 10066 boar, and some persona blues.  Everything else I do is to show my love for the United States Postal Service and my post man.  Yep, thank me later for keeping those postmen fed.

3 173
 05-29-2016, 08:00 PM
User Info
(03-22-2016, 11:03 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
Yesterday, Apple announced some new devices, one of them is called IPhone SE. What I immediately thought was that the acronym SE could mean Single Edge... 

Maybe I need to take some time to relax and stop reading every day about new razors, new products etc. and just enjoy what I already have... I must persuade myself that I don't need to try them all. New SE, stainless and aluminum editions, artisan made DEs, limited editions... Things could be a lot simpler but it's too difficult nowadays. I admire the people that manage to stay away from the overconsumption of shaving products and have what they need, a good razor, a couple of brushes and a few shaving soaps. 

You are right Sir. Having too much is a wastage and inflates the prices of some products if not all.

For example
I had ordered few FHS10 blades a month back and saw a feeling of paranoia on the availability of FHS10 in the near future on the forum.

Got back and checked the pricing from the same vendor. The price had been increased by more than 10% in a short period.

We need to exploit the products to justify the prices to the fullest instead of buying too often and too much.

Well that's just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 852