03-23-2016, 01:07 PM
User Info
I had an old D01 2-Band Silvertip 26 mm fan shaped Shavemac, which I bought in 2012, and never really felt the handle was large enough for my hands.

But still loved the colours and the handle shape and the brush (Okay, I admit it - I never actually used it - just looked at it, and thought it would be very nice, but have used 4 other D01 2-band Silvertips from Shavemac, just not this, because something was not quite........right - the handle was too small)

I fancy larger handles these days, a Chubby 2 is only acceptable, just acceptable to my hands, because it's quite fat/stout. If not - I would have sold all my Chubby 2's by now. A Chubby 1 for me is downright unusabable.

So I asked Bernd if he could help me install a new handle in this knot. He accepted and has delivered a GREAT and a HUGE BIG 22714 handle in jade, just as I ordered.
60 mm tall, 45 mm wide, but still not Polo 10 large, so fantastic for face lathering, if you bowl lathered, it would do that too, with ease and without getting latherfull fingers  Biggrin

Used it for todays shave, and WoW - what a great handle shape this is.

My photos do not do this brush justice, but it is what it is - a wonderfull brush and handle, a mediocre couple of pictures  Smile

Shavemac D01 2-band Silvertip, fan shape, custom order - feels like one of the better Simpson Manchurian knots IMHO, great flow through, not scricthy at all, great backbone, soft tiips, just a wonderful brush. Does it beat my Simpson Chubby 3 or Chubby 2 Manchurian ? No, but it's just as gret and impressive.

I rank my Shavemac brushes equal in performance to my Simpson brushes, and the custom part makes them that little step better - but Simpson and Shavemac - to me - is neck to neck, when it comes to quality and performance these days.

Now it used to be in this handle, which also was very nice, but too small for me:

[Image: 67o41j.jpg]

Now it's in this jade 22714/Saville Row 3826 handle, which is just an awesome handle shape, handle colour and a very large size, which suits me perfect: 

[Image: mGmI2jK.jpg]
[Image: 6sxmsVa.jpg]
[Image: x3B7Eos.jpg]
[Image: OANfNLg.jpg]
[Image: B4KaF1V.jpg]
[Image: JsRvxSK.jpg]

24 5,839
 03-23-2016, 01:09 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Very lovely brushes. He does such terrific work, and I love his knots. I have very large hands and also prefer larger handles. Congratulations.

38 5,029
 03-23-2016, 01:35 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
The Jade handle is amazing, Claus. Enjoy!

49 1,938
 03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
User Info
Congratulations Claus, they look awesome.  Enjoy them.

61 3,796
 03-23-2016, 01:53 PM
User Info
Glad to see that you were able to save this great knot.  I'm always amazed at Bernd's ability to fit custom work into his production.  I do agree with you that Shavemac D01 2-band is similar to Simpson Manchurian.

What loft is your knot set at?

48 5,700
 03-23-2016, 07:56 PM
User Info
Congratulations, Claus! Thumbsup

82 21,056
 03-23-2016, 11:23 PM
User Info
Stellar Claus - enjoy!

7 882
 03-24-2016, 01:38 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
Nice brush. Like my handles large diameter and long for face lathering also and for the same reasons. I'd say the I like my Shavemac Silvertip 2 band as much as my Simpsons Manchurian too. Yes, I also think Shavemac's ability and willingness to do custom handles and custom knot setting in a timely manner puts them a step ahead of Simpsons. I'd use Shavemac to make me another custom brush in a New York minute. That is how satisfied I am with their excellent work.

Bob

0 1,694
 03-24-2016, 02:54 AM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Enjoy your new brush, Claus Smile

4 1,903