07-21-2012, 01:06 PM
User Info
I have been looking for something a bit special for some time now and had my eyes on this, but as the only bricks and mortar shop that sells it is Harrods in London. But I did not fancy a trip back up to London just to try it out and I did not like the idea of buying it blind over the net. Creed are very funny about who sell their stuff in the UK so I was stuck.
Today I went into Brighton to get a new stylus for my deck and took a look in Debenhams, they have quite a good range of mens frag's tried the Tom Ford range but was not keen on any of them except one, but I happened to mention Creed and the sales lady told me a small shop in North St stocked it she thought.
Well the shop did in fact sell the whole range, so I tried a few and left with a bottle of Original Vetiver (and a lighter wallet.....Dodgy). But well worth the money.
After about 4 hours the scent is still there, sort of woody with a slight edge to it nice and subtle and not at all like the Tom Ford that is on my other arm
which is sort of custard/vanilla smell. As I am crap at describing scents the makers info is below........

A delicious balance of fresh, green and sensual wood aromas.
Vetiver from Haiti is at its centre rounded by sandalwood from Mysore, musk and ambergris. However this is not a traditional vetiver - Creeds creation has a very contemporary clean character provided by its citrus top notes and the white pepper and coriander at its heart.

Top notes. bergamot, bitter orange, mandarin, vetiver leaves
Middle notes. white pepper, coriander, juniper berry
Base notes. sandalwood, vetiver, ambergris, tonkin musk

For me this an instant hit, subtle but strong enough to be noticed not too sickly like I have found others to be. If you like a nice woody smell with a twist you will love this. Its not cheap but worth the money as the complexity of the fragrance shines through in bucket loads.

3 198
 07-21-2012, 02:58 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
One of my favorite fragrances.I prefer it over the regular Creed Vetiver or Guerlain Vetiver,which is good,but not as good (IMHO) than the Creed one.
Expensive?Yes,but its a sublime fragrance.

86 7,123
 07-21-2012, 06:00 PM
User Info
Thanks for the information and enjoy.

75 20,883
 07-22-2012, 06:15 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Thanks for the review. I hope to add Creed to my scent library... one day!

91 17,793
 07-24-2012, 03:31 AM
  • EHV
  • Milford,PA
User Info
I've been using this one for quite a while. A friend brought it back from France upon it's release.

Interestingly, the familiar Creed base is much less evident in this fragrance. I think it was Oliver Creed's son Edwin's first shot at a Creed composition.

Try Thierry Mugler's Cologne and tell me if you notice a resemblance. Biggrin

6 905
 07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Sounds like another fragrance that appeals to me. Thanks for the review.

100 12,436
 07-24-2012, 08:58 PM
  • xraygun
  • Bainbridge Island
User Info
It's great stuff. I've had a few of their frags and that and GIT are my favs so far.

5 270