03-29-2016, 02:10 AM
User Info
Hey guys, I was hoping I could hear some thoughts from you guys on Michelle's bath soaps. I have some on the way but she has so many, if these are good then I will get some more.

I would also like to hear thoughts on the different types of soap; Shea, Salt, Facial, Shampoo and if you want any other of her other products non shaving related.

4 642
 03-29-2016, 02:13 AM
  • Johnny
  • Super Moderator
  • Wausau, Wisconsin, USA
User Info
I use her sensitive skin olive oil bath soap and her unscented powder.  Both products work great for me.  The soap alone has done more for my dry skin than any other soap I have ever tried.

179 23,931
 03-29-2016, 02:43 AM
User Info
Thanks for that Johnny.

4 642
 03-29-2016, 05:47 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
It's hard to beat Michelle's soaps. I have a few favorite scents, but mostly use her shea butter soaps. I don't struggle with dry skin, but these soaps sure keep my skin soft.

38 5,197
 03-29-2016, 05:59 AM
User Info
(03-29-2016, 05:47 AM)evnpar Wrote: It's hard to beat Michelle's soaps. I have a few favorite scents, but mostly use her shea butter soaps. I don't struggle with dry skin, but these soaps sure keep my skin soft.

Thanks Richard, any in particular you recommend scent wise? I tend to be a citrus guy, but when it comes to Bath soaps I like any thing!

4 642
 04-02-2016, 08:44 PM
User Info
Oli, if you like citrus, there's a cocoa butter soap Citrus Grove (orange and lemongrass), Orange Blossom Special (lavender & orange), Lemon Almond, Key Lime, and Rosalimone (rose & lemon) in the shea butter soaps, Yemaya (orange, lemon and cinnamon leaf) in the salt soap.

0 281
 04-02-2016, 11:27 PM
User Info
(04-02-2016, 08:44 PM)Mystic Water Wrote: Oli, if you like citrus, there's a cocoa butter soap Citrus Grove (orange and lemongrass), Orange Blossom Special (lavender & orange), Lemon Almond, Key Lime, and Rosalimone (rose & lemon) in the shea butter soaps, Yemaya (orange, lemon and cinnamon leaf) in the salt soap.

Michelle, Thanks very much, I like the sound of a it of those but Lemon Almond sounds great. I have Rosalimone and Key Lime coming in my most recent order so I can checks them out. If I like them, that I am sure I will then I will grab all of these Smile have a good day.

4 642
 04-03-2016, 05:43 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Mystic Water's selection is made doubly difficult with names and blends that entice with less, or perhaps more tangible considerations. Offerings in Sandalwood and Frankincense and Myrrh would have us shaving in eastern and western  enclaves of spirituality or conversing with nature spirits in Green Fairie  and scrawling THERE AND BACK AGAIN on the mirror steam with Dragon's blood.
It is hardly fair and the measured response is to try one scent per order based on pure whimsy.

2 3,171
 04-03-2016, 07:59 AM
User Info
I did a custom order of Marrakesh soap with Shea butter. I will recommend Shea butter due to its amazing performance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 04-03-2016, 11:36 AM
User Info
My favorite of hers is the Avocado Castile, but I also enjoy the Goats Milk soap as well.  I haven't had better skin since I started using those.

16 250
 04-03-2016, 12:26 PM
User Info
(04-03-2016, 11:36 AM)explodyii Wrote: My favorite of hers is the Avocado Castile, but I also enjoy the Goats Milk soap as well.  I haven't had better skin since I started using those.

Are they not her facial soaps?

4 642
 04-04-2016, 10:21 AM
User Info
(04-03-2016, 12:26 PM)Windsor Citrus Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 11:36 AM)explodyii Wrote: My favorite of hers is the Avocado Castile, but I also enjoy the Goats Milk soap as well.  I haven't had better skin since I started using those.

Are they not her facial soaps?

Yes, she classifies them as such, but they're pretty much all usable for bath soaps.  I actually prefer them greatly, as coconut oil messes with my skin a bit over time.

16 250
 04-04-2016, 12:10 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(03-29-2016, 02:10 AM)Windsor Citrus Wrote: Hey guys, I was hoping I could hear some thoughts from you guys on Michelle's bath soaps. I have some on the way but she has so many, if these are good then I will get some more.

I would also like to hear thoughts on the different types of soap; Shea, Salt, Facial, Shampoo and if you want any other of her other products non shaving related.

As I have noted on this forum before, my bride and I are completely hooked on Mystic Water Goat Milk “facial” bar, which, frankly, is kind of a weird shape to use by the sink, so we use it in the shower until it is a moderate size (and the corners have been rounded), and then move it to the sink, opening a new bar to use in the shower.  As a shower soap it is The. Best. Soap. Ever.  Now, I say this as a certifiable bar soap connoisseur, having granted try-outs to hundreds — yes, literally hundreds — of different and exotic bar soaps from several continents.  Before falling in love with Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap, we had been going through a dozen or more different shower soaps per year (some of them better than others, and a few of them quite good); and we have been married for more than four decades.  Since discovering Mystic Water Goat Milk Soap, we have stopped buying other soaps for the shower and bathroom and powder room sinks (except for one pump-bottle of SLS/SLES-based liquid soap for our son and his wife who apparently never have seen soap in bar form before, and who, visiting us here, would shower with water only if we did not have a pump bottle in the shower for them to use; when we visit their home, we take along our own (Mystic Water) soap). 

The Goat Milk Soap has a nice scent that does not overpower; it cleans well, rinses completely, and leaves one’s skin moist.  What else can one want from a soap?  O.k., one other thing:  Mystic Water Goat Milk soap is also the perfect omiyage to give to Japanese friends and acquaintances.  (The entire Japanese economy — indeed, the entire culture of Japan, to its deepest roots — is structured around the giving and receiving of gifts, and the Japanese have more verbs for “give” and “receive” than the Inuits have words for “snow.”)  

Of Michelle’s other non-shaving soaps, we have tried the Shea Butter Soap in the Lime scent, which was very nice indeed, but it was to the Goat Milk Soap what a tame Nissan Maxima sedan is to a Nissan Skyline GT-R:  one is pleasant and competent; the other is an ultimate experience.

1 1,110
 04-04-2016, 04:19 PM
User Info
Wow, thank you Mel, that's highest praise!  I classify them as facial soaps because they are very gentle and I like avocado oil for the skin, but of course they can be used to bathe and shower with as well.  The Goat Milk, Gentle Oatmeal and Black Goat use the same base recipe so they have similarities but Gentle Oatmeal doesn't have goat milk, while the Black Goat is unscented and is black because of the activated charcoal.  But the Goat Milk soap is my favorite too.  Smile

0 281
 04-04-2016, 09:30 PM
User Info
Thanks guys, Mel that was an amazing review thank you for taking the time to write it.

4 642
 04-09-2016, 02:48 PM
User Info
(04-03-2016, 05:43 AM)kav Wrote: Mystic Water's selection is made doubly difficult with names and blends that entice with less, or perhaps more tangible considerations. Offerings in Sandalwood and Frankincense and Myrrh would have us shaving in eastern and western  enclaves of spirituality or conversing with nature spirits in Green Fairie  and scrawling THERE AND BACK AGAIN on the mirror steam with Dragon's blood.
It is hardly fair and the measured response is to try one scent per order based on pure whimsy.

That does it Kav...I hold you and Celestino responsible for my order with Michelle! Smile

0 650
 04-09-2016, 06:53 PM
User Info
Mystic water Shea butter soaps are excellent product . I did a custom order of 9z bar of special Marrakesh Shea butter and very pleased
[Image: 80f946adea9dcb0660bd76939bd0afec.jpg]
[Image: bcb1b38003123c4590f8b50abfa58257.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 3,072
 04-09-2016, 07:49 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I would go after Celestino being he's also in Canada and you won't attract attention trying to bring granddad's Ross rifle across that wall your building in case our November elections  turn out badly. As for me?

2 3,171
 04-09-2016, 08:22 PM
User Info
What elections Kav? Wink

0 650
 04-09-2016, 08:35 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
My favorites are Key Lime, Wild Lavender, Lilac Wood, and Lily of the Valley, but there are many others that I've enjoyed.

38 5,197