03-29-2016, 11:44 PM
User Info
If I could have my dream TV set-up, here's what it would be:
1.  No "menus" whatsoever other than a channel guide. And no Folders.  I don't need a folder on my TV.
2.  The channel guide only contains the channels that I receive in my package, without having to create a favorites menu. Thus,
3.  When I use the channel +/- button on my remote it advances through the channels I receive and never shows me a black screen that tells me to call and subscribe.
4.  A PVR that doesn't have a drive that's so loud that I can't hear dialogue unless I am keeping family members awake with the TV volume louder than the PVR.
5.  The remote has the following controls: power (for the whole system with one click as in on/off), volume, channel, the basic recorder functions (REC, STOP, PAUSE, REW, FF, PLAY)
6.  Network broadcast would have no splash banners along the bottom for upcoming shows or to let me know I'm watching K-BOZO Seattle. Same goes for the semi-not-so transparent station logos in the corners.  I know what station I'm watching......I selected it.  The banners frequently cover up subtitles of foreign characters or obscure writing on something the viewer is supposed to be able to read in the show.

This was how my TV used to work  before they improved it for me by adding useless and completely unnecessary features.

1 230
 03-30-2016, 01:19 AM
User Info
The dream TV is called internet and plenty of bandwidth; I can see what I want, when I want, with no ads.

3 4,675
 03-30-2016, 09:18 AM
User Info
Ya, I'm just about ready to go that way and ditch the old school cable/network.  There's very little worth watching on it anyway and online streaming seems to have what I'd like to see without the afore mentioned clutter.

1 230
 03-30-2016, 10:23 AM
User Info
I'm not sure streaming services offer all the documentaries, history and science programs that I like to watch. Those are at least as important to me as movie channels. If they were available then a switchover becomes more inevitable. Cable providers have always been gougers and I'd love to ditch them and watch them succumb to their own greed.

29 1,776